Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victor Imoh 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-imoh-1.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Victor Imoh 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you are on a quest for improvement in your overall living, leadership skill, business sense, general principles to successful living and life lifting motivation, then the book How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader by M. Curtis McCoy is for you. From the introduction down to the last chapter and line, you can feel the pulse of the author as he tries to lay these principles and building blocks in plain sight for any mind desirous of its use to apply to building a successful life. Curtis takes us through a fistful of insights and personal experiences of both himself, and a host of other people he interviewed for the book. He lays his chapters and insights precept upon precept, connecting the principles one to another in order; like a master builder and finally brings it to rest with sound pieces of advice too important to overlook. The Chapter on ‘Six Keys to building quality friendship’ taught me valuable lessons I often overlooked. Curtis eventually brought the book to a very thoughtful conclusion with the chapter on ‘What happens when you become successful?’ This is quite intriguing as most coaches will tell you how to acquire success, but not how to use it after acquisition or what to do post acquisition. The subject was well dissected, and the message passed across expertly.

The book has so many positive aspects; Curtis first takes us through his own personal experience, his battle and ultimate triumph, that is the trademark of an excellent teacher that wants to impact knowledge, not only does he tell us the how but leads us through a path he has been through. The writing is plain and quite understandable; the chapters are quite synchronized with each other, and properly paced. The way he takes us from an interviewee’s experience and leads us to a principle he wants to drive home makes the book quite user friendly and adaptable to any open mind. He broke up the principles in tiny digestible chunks for ease of consumption. In few pages Curtis lays down indelible facts and truths of success alongside leadership principles. A lot of knowledge and insight was packed into this one little volume, the caliber of interviewees, their insight and the Curtis’ experience all collided in this book and made it an interesting and insightful read.

I don’t have anything negative about it or Spotted in the book; there are no errors as it was well edited, and the overall outlay of the book is quite impressive. Curtis opened my understanding to so many principles and little things I felt did not matter in my public life and career pursuit. I have made quite an exhaustive note of so many nuggets I know will impact my drive through to success going forward. He laid out the principles, point by point like a trained and skilled teacher of the subject.

I will give this book a 4 out of 4 stars rating, Curtis navigated these waters like an expert, a captain that knows his ship and his crew. The book was well edited.

Anyone who aspires to rise to successful heights and fulfillment should make this a must read. Anyone that desires more knowledge on success and leadership principles will love to have this book and make it a reference manual for daily action. Curtis has laid out the book to suit a general audience, and anyone with an open mind towards knowledge will find it an exciting read, and quite reader friendly.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”