Review of The Healing Trio

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Review of The Healing Trio

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Healing Trio" by Steven George.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Healing Trio, by Steven George, is an alternative health guide on three holistic healing methods: Reiki, crystal healing, and essentials oils.

In addition, the book covers the seven chakras in great detail, along with their location in the body, their mantra, the color of their aura, and how to rebalance them. The Japanese spiritual healing technique, Reiki, is also discussed extensively. The author explains the various types of Reiki, their health benefits, and their methods of application. For those who are students of Reiki, there is a noteworthy section about each training level—similar to a study guide. Also, George offers the proper way to combine all three methods, in order to boost the healing capacity.

However, my favorite part is the section on essential oils. It has sensible advice on how to purchase oils—without getting ripped off—and the correct way to sample them in the store; needless to say, I jotted some notes for my next shopping trip. For example, I will no longer blot the oils directly on my skin. George names different oils and gives a small recipe for each. He further writes about the extraction process, such as enfleurage and steam distillation; it gets fairly technical at this point. The author’s knowledge on the topic is impressive; personally, this is a major positive aspect.

On the other hand, I was skeptical about the claims on crystal healing. For instance, the idea that crystals held at the body’s chakra points can heal and reduce stress. Also, the talk on vibrational energy was unconvincing; it became a negative point. Nonetheless, I was introduced to a new world of knowledge, and this book did answer many of my questions about the subject.

There is an eye-opening starter about how negative emotions can harm our physical well-being; often, the high-paced modern lifestyle is the culprit. This introduction veered more to psychology than holistic theory—either way, I saw some parallelism.

Despite my subjective view, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. One star was docked for the grammar. I did not give it a 2-star rating since I enjoyed the essential oils section. In addition, I feel equipped to chat—without sounding uninformed—with people who use crystal healing; however, I am not sold on all the notions.

I would recommend this book to students of holistic healing or readers who are simply curious, as I was. I would not recommend it to anyone who is not interested in these types of holistic remedies.

The Healing Trio
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

From the review, the books sound interesting. I love books about healing, I will add this to my shelves. Thank you.
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

Sounds like an interesting book. It's unfortunate that it contains grammatical errors. Although I'm not interested in essential oils and crystal healing, I would read the book out of curiosity.
Gabriella Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-smith.html
Latest Review: Uncommon Poems Common People by T.D. Kruser (Terry Kruser)

Post by Gabriella Smith »

This review was great! I've recently gotten very into crystal healing and have been researching reiki, funnily enough, I'm the opposite to the reviewer because of how they felt about crystal healing, I feel about the notions of essential oils. Love the fact that even though the reviewer isn't convinced, they were not 'bashing' the idea. All in all, I think it's a fair review and I have a new book to add to my reading list. Thank you.
PeterRabitt20

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

collinsogw555 wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 02:53 From the review, the books sound interesting. I love books about healing, I will add this to my shelves. Thank you.
Hope you enjoy it!
PeterRabitt20

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Gabriella Smith wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 08:06 This review was great! I've recently gotten very into crystal healing and have been researching reiki, funnily enough, I'm the opposite to the reviewer because of how they felt about crystal healing, I feel about the notions of essential oils. Love the fact that even though the reviewer isn't convinced, they were not 'bashing' the idea. All in all, I think it's a fair review and I have a new book to add to my reading list. Thank you.
Thank you for the kind comment. If you are starting crystal healing, I think you'll love this book. It gives lots of how-tos in that area. :D I had to laugh at how we are opposite (ie essential oils). Thanks for stopping by!
PeterRabitt20

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Fireside119 wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 03:56 Sounds like an interesting book. It's unfortunate that it contains grammatical errors. Although I'm not interested in essential oils and crystal healing, I would read the book out of curiosity.
Curiosity is a good motivator. Thanks for the comment!
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

I think from the cover you expect something of a guide on massage therapy. Your review was a nice surprise as someone close to me knows Reiki and has been practicing it for decades. It would be interesting to see what she thinks of this book. Thank you for the review.
Emidio Inocencio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio-inocencio.html
Latest Review: Diamond J&G Manor Parlay Gambling House by Sylvie L Gionet
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Emidio Inocencio »

obtaining a deep understanding of the concept of chakra is something that I seek for quite a while. I think ill take a look a the book so as to see if it will end my endless doubts on Chakra and its formation. Very clear review
Courtney Hughes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-hughes.html
Latest Review: Summer in the City by Kevin Phelps

Post by Courtney Hughes »

The book sounds informative and useful, if you are into holistic healing, etc. I ‘m glad you enjoyed it so much and that it provided you enough information to be able to chat with a new group of friends!
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Quite the interesting book. Not all too sure if I will like it. I do think that the errors should be fixed.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I'm quite curious about Reikie, I have been for a while. I really hope the author will heed the call and edit the book. It's content seems insightful.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Brandy_Nyongesa
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-nyongesa.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Brandy_Nyongesa »

This book seems to be very interesting. I have heard of Chakras but this is something that I would want to understand more about. Great review!
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

The book seems unique and interesting. I would read this book because of it's helpful guide to healing methods as I have never heard of crystal healing. Thanks for the great recommendation.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”