Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hannah oneil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-oneil.html
Latest Review: I Know My Way Memoir by Theresa Marafito with Linda Odubayo Thompson

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Hannah oneil »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How to be Successful; Think like a leader by M. Curtis McCoy is a fantastic read that will prompt you to examine your own life and make plans to be more successful. McCoy interviews many people from different career paths from a Navy seal sniper to a pastor who has found entrepreneurship successful. Each interview asks the same questions and each participant has a different perspective leading to new insights to unlock. McCoy offers a vision of what success looks like and gives helpful advice that everyone looking to be successful can apply to their lives in some form. I've never picked up a self-help book before or had much interest in entrepreneurship but I finished this book in one sitting. McCoy outlines simple bite-sized steps you can take to improve your life and I just couldn't wait to find out what all of them were.

My favorite part of this book was how digestible the information was. The chapter titles were specific and the interview answers were never too long. Each interview subject had their own unique voice and that was well represented in their answers, they were not over-edited. The advice was clear and easily understood by the average reader.

I cannot find one negative aspect of this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars . This is because I read the entire thing, cover to cover in one sitting. I believe everyone will find many things in this book relatable to their own lives even if they aren't actively starting a business. The advice is real and easily applicable. The stories are short and they resonate with you long after you close the book. The advice within the pages is not cliche and it's not all good news, McCoy has traveled the path to success himself and it is a blessing that he has decided to share his story with us.

I recommend this book for anyone that is thinking about entrepreneurship or starting a new career path. Even for the readers that aren't looking for a new business venture, this book offers advice for self-improvement in other areas such as relationships, cussing, rewarding yourself, and the dangers of indulgence. This book does contain many references to religion and God as well as many bible quotes. I highly recommend everyone reads it once, if not twice.

The book is exceptionally well-edited and no errors were found.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”