Review of God's Spiritual Warrior's Devotional Handbook

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Review of God's Spiritual Warrior's Devotional Handbook

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God's Spiritual Warrior's Devotional Handbook" by Dr. Rocky Spencer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many of us find it difficult to navigate through several aspects of life. We go through tough times and wonder why certain things happen to us. We feel lonely and believe that we have to face all our challenges alone. We are weak in the face of impossible tasks. There is only one person we can turn to for strength: God.

God's Spiritual Warrior's Devotional Handbook: 365 3-Minute Inspirational Devotions to Strengthen and Encourage You for Beginners and Advanced Christian Warriors is a title that fully encompasses what Dr. Rocky Spencer's guide entails. In this book, the author provides in-depth lessons about conquering anxiety in difficult times, loneliness, and weaknesses that drive us to sin through perseverance, love, patience, and faith in God, among other things, to be transformed into warriors in Christ, ready to tackle any challenges head-on since we know that God will never forsake us.

The book's format is the first noteworthy aspect of the book that readers will notice immediately they commence reading. The book comprises twelve chapters shared across the twelve months that make up a year. In each chapter, the author takes us through devotionals relating to the title of the chapter to be applied each day of the month in three minutes. Therefore, the book is meant for consumption over the course of the year. I found this style of presentation intriguing and helpful, as I found myself taking more time to immerse myself in the easily accessible information offered by the author each day.

While the book not offering any new information I have not heard previously was a dislike for me, the knowledge shared here will serve as vital reminders, especially considering that readers will read and meditate on them each day. It can be easy to lose sight of God's love and grace in our lives and forget what He expects from us on Earth, but this book expertly fills the important role of giving us daily reality checks while employing repetition to drive home the lessons effectively.

Furthermore, I personally connected with the messages revolving around the significance of suffering, the true meaning of perseverance in God, facing grief, and the relationship between love and fear. Thought-provoking lessons on a few misconceptions new and experienced Christians have about God are also discussed, including the perceived differences between God and Jesus.

I connected to a lot of the information passed here, but it was quite a struggle reading through the number of errors I found in the book. Wrongly spelled words and capitalization errors formed the majority of the errors, and I strongly believe that the book will benefit from a professional editor's touch. Nevertheless, the book has a lot of positive qualities, from its presentation and easily accessible lessons to its inspirational nature, that justify a rating of three out of four stars. Readers should ensure to read this book with a Bible since Bible verses form the basis of all the devotions but are not included in the book. The book will be beneficial to readers looking to develop a stronger relationship with God and readers going through different tough challenges in life.

God's Spiritual Warrior's Devotional Handbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I struggle with my faith a lot and I think this book could be of great assistance. Thank you for the wonderful review.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

I love this book because it is talking to me, and I would like to read this book to help me in my spiritual life. Great review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I believe this book will be of help to my spiritual uprightness. thanks for sharing this
Signature of Grace.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”