Review of The Charisma Factor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Review of The Charisma Factor

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Charisma Factor" by Leesa Rowland.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Charisma Factor by Leesa Rowland is a book written to explain every aspect of the word "charisma."

Charisma is that vivacity that money cannot buy; it is a compelling spark that makes you very outstanding and different from the rest. Charisma is a sort of magnetism that inspires adoration and confidence. It works as a magnetic force for grabbing the attention of people around you. Have you ever wondered why some people are more respected than others or do you know someone who can just walk into the room and effortlessly command everybody's attention? Were they just born with this unique ability, or can everyone manifest this trait? Can it be consciously enhanced? This book provides some answers to these questions.

In a straightforward and detailed manner, the author makes us understand that everyone can develop this captivating and illuminating quality, and nurturing it with goodness and strength will make it grow and glow. The author provides proven steps on how to achieve this. This book is very timely and impressive.

Another big plus to the book is the author's ability to perfectly depict what a person with charisma looks like using real-life scenarios. The author uses the life history of known charismatic people to discuss and analyze charisma. One of the outstanding people used as a case study is Mahatma Gandhi. Mahatma Gandhi is a man who taught Indians how to fight with grace and without violence. His civil disobedience paved the way for Indians' independence. Another significant personality is Nelson Mandela, a man who is a perfect example of seamlessly blending charisma and very noble personal ideals. His characteristic compassion, selflessness, and generosity are three significant factors that made him famous and well respected.

The author's writing style is superb and easy to understand. This book is written in a captivating way. The pace of the book is perfect and very thought-provoking. There are no dull moments in the book, and it will hold the reader's interest till the very last page. I love how the author makes readers understand that when charisma helps you through the door, you will still need other skills to keep that door open.

Besides a couple of grammatical errors, there's nothing with which to fault this book. Therefore, I'm rating it four out of four stars. I'm recommending The Charisma Factor to anyone on the journey of self-discovery and people desiring to impact their world.

The Charisma Factor
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Maliha Naveed »

Is it necessary to be charismatic? Is it necessary to be able to attract people? I would like to find that out.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

Charisma is like a personal charm, a magnetic force that attracts people. I believe some people are born with this unique ability to command attention, some acquire it, and some have no charisma at all. I would love to read this book to find out more about this intriguing topic.Thanks for the well written review.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

"I love how the author makes readers understand that when charisma helps you through the door, you will still need other skills to keep that door open."

I think this book has many interesting things to offer. I'm glad I found this review.
Thank you.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

Thank you for the excellent review; I intend to read this book. I think this book speaks to me more because I'm likewise on a path of self-discovery. I don't think I'm particularly charismatic, but that's something I'll have to improve on. According to the review, the book appears to be quite useful.
Juliet Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Juliet Richard »

The books sounds like the ideal one for improving self image and the sense of self worth by identifying that you have your own style just like Nelson Mandela
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

Fantastic! I was just explaining the other day to my teenage son the importance of charisma and charm in everyday interactions with people. It’s quite coincidental that this book presents itself to me now! I enjoyed the review and will definitely add this one to my shelves.
kobby95
Currently Reading: Gems of Divine Mysteries
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kobby95.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by kobby95 »

At the end of the day, does one really need to work specifically to be charismatic, to be adored and to grab people's attention? What for? My belief is that to be charismatic is to grow in spiritual virtues. By this I mean, to grow in the lordly qualities like love, humility, gratitude, patience, tolerance, trustworthiness, servitude, and so on. With these qualities, you certainly get noticed and admired by those who care. Not easy but certainly worth trying.

What does the author say about the level of her own charisma? Any mention of that?

Interesting book title, though.
AngieOdeh
Favorite Book: Whale of Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieodeh.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by AngieOdeh »

Charisma is the X factor everyone is looking to achieve, but just a few can master. Like any other talent, if you are not born with it, there is always a way to develop it through hard work. Everyone possesses a certain degree of charisma; it is just a matter of finding the time, place, and purpose to make it shine. :D
DTamara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtamara.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DTamara »

Very curious about this, thought-provoking indeed. I like that it seems more of a practical book rather than a philosophical one. Very eloquent review!
RICHARDS1234
Favorite Book: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richards1234.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by RICHARDS1234 »

Though it's a difficult struggle, it is not only necessary but also humane to have a charismatic heart. Therefore if this book explains clearly the meaning and how to archive charisma, I look forward to reading the details myself, good enough I have a glimpse.
Thanks.
Pavan1234
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pavan1234 »

The books sounds like the ideal one for improving self image and "I love how the author makes readers understand that when charisma helps you through the door, you will still need other skills to keep that door open."
oluwalonimi29
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwalonimi29.html
Latest Review: Radioland by m.e. Elzey

Post by oluwalonimi29 »

I love practical self help book, and this book sounds like one. The author did a great job by explaining that charisma may be learnt. Good book, great review. The book promises to be worth every time spent on it.
Chiemela Jumbo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chiemela Jumbo »

Charisma can be said to be a knowledge to be discussed, based on the authors description, it distinguishes between leaders and followers.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

A book that pushes you to think and improve yourself is definitely worth reading. The review is very articulate.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”