Review of The Soul Never Dies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of The Soul Never Dies

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Soul Never Dies" by Donna White.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Making mistakes doesn't make you less the person you are or the person you ought to be. We would not allow the mistakes of our past to determine our future. This book, The Soul Never Dies, by Donna White, tells the true story of a young Christian girl who grew up in a Christian family filled with love and affection. Life throws a jab at her as she becomes a victim of both physical and mental assault. Donna's life never remains the same as she struggles to uphold her Christian virtues, grasp the actual reality of life, and live past her terrible experiences. In her search for wholeness, a failed medical procedure leaves Donna physically worse than she imagined, and she struggles to live. This significant change sets Donna on a new path of discovery, mostly spiritual, and her life takes new dimensions.

Donna takes the reader through a loving memory and amazing childhood, with parents who had pure and intentional love for her and God. She introduces a twist of fate. The naive girl, full of love and hope but ignorant of the vices that plague the world outside her loving home, gets robbed of her innocence. With clear words and vivid mental pictures, the author recounts her new life, ordeals, and testimonies of miracles that leave the reader in awe. She describes her mom especially as an epitome of faith and living proof that prayers are answered. Donna also took the reader through a mind-stimulating experience, one she called "the everlasting life experience," which left her with overwhelming peace, faith, and belief in God. Through this book, Donna challenges the faith and belief of the reader. She captured prayer and faith as a very seamless pair with very great essence. She leaves the reader with a desire to express faith so strong and so rewarding.

Reading this book, I was first captivated by the title. Of course, if there's a willing spirit, there are many obstacles one can overcome. She pictures prayers in a not so ambiguous way but a conversation with God on anything. I was really in awe of how much faith a person could possess and how many results and answers she could get with faith.

The only thing I found controversial about this book is the author's description of an afterlife experience. But this is the author's experience, and she reserves the right to share it. Overall, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars because I found many errors, and the book seemed not professionally edited. This book still requires a series of editing. The errors almost hindered my comprehension of the text. This aspect was the part I disliked most about the book.

I strongly recommend this book to Christian women who may be living with one stigma or who are constantly plagued with the guilt of past mistakes or experiences. It will also suit women who still have disabilities to find courage and faith.

The Soul Never Dies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

The title alone already gives a sense of hope to people. Donna's story is really a bad twist of fate but am happy she had faith and believed in God. This book would be of immense help to people, too bad it has so many errors in it. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I am saddened to learn that she was a victim of assault which somehow "changed" her, albeit for a short while. I pray that she finds complete healing and restoration. I sincerely hope she will have the book professionally edited. Her story and message deserve to be read by many. Thanks for an honest review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Favour Obonodi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Favour Obonodi »

The soul never really dies..many believe in reincarnation, at times thought from depression caused by either poverty or government policy or trivial of life itself,.. everyone has their matters like Donna, but success is winning after the storm.. Donna won
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

When you hear the word the 'soul never dies' lots of things start running through your mind, this book would make us always believe in what we can archive. I commend the reviewer for such an amazing review. Thank you
Tehilah04 Gift
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tehilah04 Gift »

The title of this book was not all that catching.
The fact that Donna believed in Good made her a Better person.
She won tho.
She's a winner that's what they call a succosor.
She crossed the storm.
She's a keeper.
Her story is meant to be published by a professional.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”