Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hema Mehta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hema-mehta.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Hema Mehta »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader by M. Curtis McCoy is a motivational book that revolves around true stories of success and failures. It features conversations and interviews with various prominent personalities from different walks of life and industries that will truly inspire you and change your perspective of looking at things around you. It will also give readers a glimpse into the lives of several successful people as well as share their journey from failure to personal growth and ultimately, success. It offers a rare mixture of knowledge from actual people with practical experiences. In fact, the book also talks about some life lessons that you can apply to leadership strategies, prioritisation, personal branding, industry trends, relationships, and your own business. I must say that I really enjoyed reading this book and it would not be wrong to say that the author has accomplished his purpose of motivating others.

M. Curtis McCoy also shares his own journey through the book. At the age of 27, he became a successful businessman, owning several companies in various sectors such as fashion, manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceuticals, amongst others. After a lot of hard work and passion he reached a position in life where he tasted huge success, but little did he know what life had in store for him next. His world shatters when he gets diagnosed with brain cancer and is given just a few months to live by the doctors. His life turns upside down after this revelation and he starts losing his companies one after the other. He even loses his memory and ability to live independently. Despite the uncertainty of his survival looming over his head, he wanted to make a difference in other people’s life by motivating them. From this point in the book, he takes readers on a whirlwind journey as he interviews successful entrepreneurs and gets them to share their stories of success, failure, their wisdom, and what drives them to be focused work hard. With the same set of questions for all the interviewees, he showcases to the readers how different people react distinctively in similar situations. Through this exercise he wants readers to know that one’s attitude and outlook on life can impact their situation too. He also establishes how every success story is not the same and we all have to fight our own battles in life and overcome them.

Personally, it was a wonderful learning experience for me and I am sure readers will gain some incredible perspective and insights from the successful people interviewed by the author. With the book also comprising of various topics apart from business, such as faith, friendship, and family, readers will certainly enjoy it. In fact, I really liked reading the chapters dedicated to friendship. During the interviews, he explains to all his interviewees how one should make new friends as it is really important in business to have trusted friends who will never betray you in your deals. He also mentions how important it is to have family support in life because they are the ones who will always stand by you no matter what and will always tell you the truth. This book has some really interesting quotes and valuable life lessons to offer that I really enjoyed learning. I must add that the book will not only help you grow in your career, but also makes you a better person altogether.

The author’s style of writing is also very thought-provoking and fascinating to read. The book is also very quick and easy to read and appears to be professionally edited with no grammatical errors or typos. I must add that I did not come across any vulgar or sexual content in the book, moreover, the writing was very simple to understand as well. Hence, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Furthermore, I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to achieve something in their lives and are in search of any kind of motivational push, especially young adults.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”