Review of Justice For All

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review of Justice For All

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Justice For All" by Frank Gutta.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Justice For All by Frank Gutta is a non-fiction book. It tells the story of the systematic injustice in apartheid South Africa from the perspective of an Indian family. So apparently, the class segregation in India was really horrible, and the Gee family left for South Africa in search of a better life. They found life somewhat better than what they had in India. They settled permanently and built businesses in South Africa.

Fam wasn't comfortable with the legalised discrimination against people of colour in the country his family had chosen to adopt as theirs. He asked his parents a lot of questions as to why blacks and people of colour were treated so poorly just because of the colour of their skin. His parents never gave him a comprehensive answer. As he grew up, he got more irritated by the South African system and sought a better life in the United States of America. Was the United States all he dreamt it would be? Was he as free as he envisaged? Find out by reading this brilliant piece.

The book has a lot of positive points. I love the perspective the author approached the topic from. I've read books about apartheid, but they've mostly been from the perspective of the black community. Reading about how it affected people of colour was a whole new twist to the story. I love how detailed the author is in the book. He detailed the prevalent discriminatory acts witnessed by blacks and, most especially, people of colour in apartheid South Africa. He equally detailed the role each of these two groups played in fighting back the unjust treatment they received. I also love that the book was concise. The author didn't bore the reader with unnecessary details.

I didn't particularly like the way the book ended. I expected a better end to the book. A lot was left unsaid about what later became of Fam and his family. I also encountered a couple of grammatical and spelling errors in the book. It affected my reading a little bit.

The book was professionally edited, though I found a few spelling and grammatical errors in it. Consequently, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I struck out one star because of the errors I found in the book. I didn't give the book a lower rating because I love the issues it addressed.

I recommend this book to lovers of history. I equally recommend the book to readers who may want to learn more about apartheid in South Africa, the struggles of black people and people of colour under apartheid.

Justice For All
View: on Bookshelves
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

I love books that are non-fiction it tells stories of what has happened before. I definitely would love to read this book. I commend the reviewer for such an amazing review. Thank you

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”