Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JodieLKM
Favorite Book: The Biblical Clock
Currently Reading: Solaris seethes
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodielkm.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by JodieLKM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon is a great book. Exploring the timeline of the earth and days of creation to the 'end of days', this book leads toward the non-secular ideas. Using Science, Judaism, and Kabbalah the authors create tables of timelines that show the age of the Earth, the length of God days versus man days, and the patterns of enlightenment and destruction of the Jewish temples and scattering of the people, they try to estimate the ‘end of days’ and what it might be like in those times.

Daniel is a scientist and is also the narrator of the book. Daniel’s thought process throughout the book is highlighted and detailed. He uses his vast knowledge in Science, Judaism, and Kabbalah to explain the cycles of the Earth and how it relates to the Creation Days. Many references are used throughout the book, which I found very helpful when reading. This book takes a scientific approach to God and comes out well-rounded. The research is well documented. In part one, the process of finding the age of the earth lends credence to an earth older than 8,021 years. This aligns with many religious teachings by recognizing that God’s time is different, therefore we cannot claim to ‘know’ the age of the earth because we may be incapable, even with all our technology, to test it. If we can date it correctly, he lines up that idea nicely. In part three, we look to the ‘end of days’. I think his conjecture does not consider any Christian views, so I wonder if it did, would the numbers line up in his pattern boxes? The patterns he finds repeating in the Jewish timelines are interesting. There are times I found myself doing the research that was done so I could better understand his reasoning. The research was very useful for this, but there were times I could not access the research materials the authors had access to.

I found this book very interesting, even though I am a Christian. I researched many of the ideas that were brought forth and appreciated having the authors’ research to do it. (Not all was accessible.) Since it does not take into consideration any Christian viewpoints, there may be questions about the theory. I appreciated most of the pictures but did find a few unnecessary to the story.

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon is a very interesting read. He was well versed, and Dania did some great research.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The editing was amazing, and the research was well documented. It was very interesting, and I read the book twice before doing this review!

If you are looking at ways to align science and religion, this book will help you set a course for doing so. The Biblical Clock is written from a Jewish viewpoint and includes many references to the Torah, the Talmud, and the Zohar. If you cannot grasp the religious or scientific side, then I recommend you not read this book.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”