Review of Agile's Transformation

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Agile's Transformation

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Agile's Transformation" by Ian Michael Carfagna.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Agile's Transformation is all about mindsets and paradigm shifts. It is a book that seeks to challenge the status quo by propelling us to develop a mentality that produces more efficient results. In this book, Ian Michael Carfagna draws parallels from his years of working in the software development industry and Agile interactions, showing us how they can apply to us in a broader context.

At this point, you may be tempted to ask what precisely Agile means? You may be familiar with the word as an adjective, but is that the context in which the author intends it? Is it a system? Does it refer to software? Or is it a set of principles? I challenge you to pick up this book to find out. The author does not only extensively define the word, but he also lists the twelve Agile principles and how they can be interpreted to apply to more than just the software development industry.

Written in an engaging and interactive manner, this book has many positive aspects. I found the tone and language of this book to be very friendly, interactive, explanatory, and easy to understand. The author put in a lot of effort to explain his ideas to readers so that they could be easily grasped. Understanding and comprehension were never sacrificed on the altar of technicality. And for this, I greatly commend the author.

Also, I enjoyed the moderate length of this book. One comes typically across various non-fiction books, which are unnecessarily stretched using an otiose repetition of ideas and words. This was not the case with this book. The author did not dally on any one point. Not only this, the book contained only a few errors. This served as proof that this work was very well edited.

Another positive point in favour of this book is that the chapters were accompanied by pictures, illustrations, and wise sayings. These illustrations were not mediocre in any way and only added to the general quality of this book. The wise sayings provided readers with a challenging idea or nugget to ponder at the beginning of every chapter.

I find no negative point to smear such a glowing review. Therefore, I do not hesitate to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It received a perfect rating because it was engaging and educative till the very end. I recommend Agile's Transformation to everyone interested in producing more effective and efficient results in his daily life and business.

Agile's Transformation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”