Review of Living In Total Health

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Living In Total Health

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Living In Total Health" by Glen Alex.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To what extent can you try to maintain sanity and balance in a world filled with uncertainty? Glen Alex, in her book, Living in Total Health: Connecting with Your Wellth, furnished answers and durable solutions for living a “Wellthy” life.

The book centers on ways one can achieve physical, emotional, and mental health. The author discussed feeding well, emotional intelligence, creating non-negotiable boundaries, managing stress, making great choices, keying into reality, and most importantly, the awesomeness deposited in humans as God’s creation. She also emphasized how to employ resilience in dealing with life issues. The book also talked about how effective the mind is and the effects of bitterness and resentment on one's health.

There are a number of things I loved about the book. The author meticulously listed health problems and gave practical solutions to them, like how to identify unhealthy boundaries and what to do in order to protect ourselves from them. I appreciate the author’s use of apt examples, especially while narrating her experiences and that of her clients. She ensured that she narrowed it down to the point in the book that even a dunce would be able to relate to. She got other people's ideas and opinions by conducting interview sessions, like the one she had with a registered dietician, Mary Dunaway.

She referred to ideas and opinions of established authorities like “The Mayo Clinic” and “The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics” and books from other authors. I also love the short quotes at the beginning of each chapter; they serve as a motivation. The assessment at the end of each session was very effective for checkmating one's progress with all that has been taught. I enjoy reading books like this, as they seek to bring healing to all aspects of one's life. This book addressed the soul, spirit, and health of a person.

Aside from the sad feelings some of the author’s experiences evoked in me, I find no negative aspects in the book. The book seemed edited professionally, as I found a few errors. But this book would require another round of editing to achieve its aim. The book is informative and didactic. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars, as the number of grammatical errors I found was minimum. I recommend this book to those who would love to be in a perfect state of health. Likewise, those who want to achieve emotional stability can read it too.

Living In Total Health
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The health is wealth for every one of us. The maintenance of health is intriguing part of life. It comprises spiritual aspects as well. The review is fine. Thank you for it.
Omark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omark »

This sounds great reviews because it gives me the knowledge and the solution to solve our day to day health problem.i would like to read this book from the beginning to get more skills ni health care.this is so good reviews thank you.
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

I must compliment you on your review, your writing flows beautifully, is succinct and it gives a great idea of the book without revealing too much. It seems like the author's writing is grounded in fact with mention of client experiences as well as credible sources. My main worry about these sorts of self-help books is that they don't have much of a basis and they only serve to talk in circles until you are too confused to know what the point is or argue with the writing. From your review, it sounds like a worthwhile book that I will keep a lookout for. Thank you.
Amira Sherbini

Post by Amira Sherbini »

I read a lot of books about physical health, and I must admit that this one is truly great. I'm grateful to author, I think everyone should read it, you won't great :)
Tri Mul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tri Mul »

This book is good because it contains about health, because health is very necessary for every human being in this world I really like the story in it.
Zubairu Suleiman

Post by Zubairu Suleiman »

This book is great, because in ways of life this book has guide us in better ways and with it we lives good and healthy. so keep viewing thanks.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”