Review of Strengthen Your Business

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Strengthen Your Business

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Strengthen Your Business" by Robert Thomas Bethel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strengthen Your Business: Fail-Proof Strategies from the Man Who Has Rescued 77 Businesses by Robert Thomas Bethel is a non-fiction business book. The six-chapter book explores the themes of planning, management, and leadership.

Having once experienced business failure himself, Bethel learned his lessons in a hard way. In this book, he lays out specific methods he had used to turn several failing businesses around. He wrote about the five stages of drunkenness for businesspeople. These are Handsome, Smart, Rich, Bulletproof, and Radiation proof. Business owners become obnoxious and believe their business is doing so well it can never fail. However, the probability of a business failing according to statistics is 50%. Bethel recommends keeping things simple in the company and knowing where the company stands per time in his strategy to turn things around. He states that business is not complicated unless you make it so. What is needed to turn around a business is neither new money nor new people, he noted. The major things required can be explored in this masterpiece. Effective leadership and communication system are also part of what you stand to learn in the book.

The author's writing style was straightforward. His recommendations were based on his years of experience. The book is replete with real-life scenarios and examples. It was quite practical and exciting to read.

I like how the author talks about staying focus on profitability. He highlights a 90-day plan to achieve this. He also encouraged transparency with employees. He wrote that every employee should be involved in the turnaround process. I loved how he encouraged building a performance culture within the organization.

Furthermore, the book opens your mind to possibilities and ideas you will want to implement straight away. He explored business owner's relationships with their bankers, law firms, and vendors. I love his explanations on the taillight method of accounting. He described it as "looking back to look forward" and discouraged it. However, he recommended the headlight method. This involves evaluating the right metrics and indicators of the company's progress ahead. I enjoyed everything about the book. It considers the importance of your employees in cutting costs while creating a culture of excellence in every part of the business.

There's nothing I dislike about it. The book was not repetitive as you would find most books in its class. It's the first business book I have read and didn't want to put down. The book is not just factual; it's a message of hope to all business owners. You get the feeling of being mentored as you read. The book is exceptionally edited, as I didn't find any errors in it.

Therefore, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to all business owners. Either your business is doing well or not, these methods will be helpful.

Strengthen Your Business
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Omark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omark »

I like business sector.this is an interesting review. Because it shows the ways and possibility of failing a business to rise.i like this review because I have learned several strategy of running the successful business.this is the greatest review
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The building process of a business is critical and requires lot of patience. The review is good to read. The collection of tactics included gives flavour of building a business.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

I always admire successful people trying to share their knowledge on how to improve one's business thru writing. This great review made me wanna give this a shot. Thanks!
carpetlive
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by carpetlive »

Should be a good read! I will check this one out.
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

I love business books and this one sounds like a must read. Great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”