Review of 101 Ways To Successfully Age Gracefully

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of 101 Ways To Successfully Age Gracefully

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "101 Ways To Successfully Age Gracefully" by Tonya Walton.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

101 Ways to Successfully Age Gracefully by Tonya Walton is a non-fiction book with some advice to readers about how to approach aging and how to cope with it. The writer's tone is very friendly, as she uses a simple and informal style to convey her points.

The author begins by writing about her grandmother, who lived until 94 years of age, as well as other seniors that she encountered while conducting exercise classes. These people inspired her to write this book and research the concept of aging gracefully. She then continues by mentioning symbols of things in nature that are related to graceful aging. For instance, turtles symbolize longevity, bamboos represent balance and tranquility, while oak trees symbolize knowledge and wisdom, and elephants symbolize strength. Next, the writer shares a poem about the beauty and wonder of the world that humans inhabit. The poem describes the beauty of the wind, the hills, and the islands that are found on Earth. The author then explains that to age gracefully, a person should breathe to reduce stress and anxiety.

There were plenty of likable features in this book. First of all, readers will appreciate the author's simple and informal style, which makes the text easy to understand. Furthermore, the text is perfectly edited, as I found no grammar or syntax mistakes in it. The book has also been logically structured, as it follows a rational flow with specific advice on each section of the book. What I liked most about the text was that the writer introduced her own experiences and memories in the book, thereby adding more creativity and originality to the text.

What I disliked most about this book was that it was too short, making me think that it was underdeveloped. The author should have added more details when explaining her advice and her thoughts in order to make the book more interesting and persuasive.

This book will appeal mostly to seniors who are looking at how to slow down the aging process in their lives. It is a short and light read that will appeal to readers who are looking for information related to aging, but who also want to get that information as quickly and cohesively as possible.

In summary, this book deserves 3 out of 4 stars. This is because it was original, logical, simple, and impeccably edited. To improve, the author should add more details in the text to make the book longer.

101 Ways To Successfully Age Gracefully
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

Ageing, some people feel as a defect, but I see it as a boon. It comes with a huge experience. The review is good. I hope book will be good to read as well.
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

Ageing is part of life, especially to be considered after the apparent immortality of teen hood. This review shows that everyone has to go through this, not just teens, because no one teaches you about maturity they expect you to know it. Great work. :tiphat:
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
Idiat Bolaji
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Idiat Bolaji »

I would have loved to read this book if I can find it I really liked reading about old age because I want to know dos and don'ts of old age. The review has said it all, it is a must read for everyone that is looking forward to a graceful old age
Nothando Nkambule
Currently Reading: A Religion Called Love
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nothando-nkambule.html
Latest Review: Acquiesce to love peace gratitude by Fabiola Piedad Maria Alicia Reynales de Berry
Reading Device: B07M5NFD3B

Post by Nothando Nkambule »

Great review. The idea of ageing gracefully fascinates me. While I totally agree that ageing is a natural stage of life, I do believe that it can be rough for some than others. I appreciate any tips that can help me plan ahead. I've had this book on my wishlist for a while now and reading your review about how much of an easy read it is has definitely inspired me to go ahead and read it. Even though I may not be the target audience, I see no harm in reading ahead.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”