Review of The Diaphragm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Review of The Diaphragm

Post by Joyful17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Diaphragm" by Rasheem J Northington.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever thought about the full scope of the diaphragm's input in our well being? This supportive muscular structure surprisingly plays a vital role in our existence. The Diaphragm by Rasheem Northington is a comprehensive book on the vital functions of the diaphragm.

The book is a moderate length of 56 pages. It details the diaphragm's relationship to other vital body parts. It logically explains how the diaphragm directly influences the workings of the brain, heart, kidney, lungs, lymph system, and even the aging process. In simple and concise words, it explains how we can get the diaphragm to work better for our good. Page 11 explains how we can train and strengthen the muscles of the diaphragm. This can be done even during passive activities. The concluding parts of the book show relevant metabolic pathways that concern the movement of vital materials aided by the diaphragm.

It is clear that Rasheem has done much research to put this book together. The presentation of facts is logical and comprehensive. I learned to view some common facts about the human body from a new perspective. For instance, the author's description of the role of the diaphragm and its contribution to the beneficial effects of sleep made much sense.

Inasmuch as this book deals with body anatomy and related terms, comprehensive information is presented in an easy-to-understand format. The presence of diagrams also aids learning. I love the fact that the author's analysis of the diaphragm's role in the process of aging is detailed. It helped me see the essence of following the author's method of training the diaphragm. This is my most favorite part of the book. Overall, this book has increased my awe for the intricate workings of the human body. It also shares a vital key for achieving optimal health.

I loved the fact that some of the author's ideas were drawn from Chinese origins. For instance, on page 30, the author explains how something called pre-heaven essence makes up each person’s basic constitutional makeup, strength, and vitality. A little bit of research revealed that the pre-heaven essence represents inherited genes.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I have no dislikes about it. It was quite informative, and the text was exceptionally well edited. It was enlightening to read about the detailed analysis of the diaphragm's functions. I would recommend this book to readers who are interested in learning a new and easy way of achieving improved health.

The Diaphragm
View: on Bookshelves
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The book is an anatomy book depicting the importance of diaphragm in our body, and mostly in singing or breathing activities. The book has touched various aspects will relating functions as well.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

Anatomy books. Love them. Good review
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

The diaphragm is actually very important in my field, so I have spent plenty of time thinking about it, but it sounds like this author has gone some places that I haven't even considered (with the Chinese influences). I'm definitely considering checking this out. Thanks for your review!
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

This book sounds very informative, especially to medical students. I'm interested in human anatomy and physiology, so I'll give this a try. I have to admit that I only know a few things about the diaphragm. Thanks for your review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Good review!! Sounds like an interesting book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”