Review of Begin From Where You Are

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Review of Begin From Where You Are

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Begin From Where You Are" by Cornel Rizea.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are various challenges we encounter every day as we try to make the best of our lives. Sometimes we overcome them, and sometimes they seem to overwhelm us. These challenges increase in a world growing more complex with technological advancements, political and social strife, and personal conflicts. Does it seem like your efforts have been unproductive? Do you feel like the world has ganged up against you? Or perhaps you are just tired of trying. What if there is a proven way to get your desired results?

Begin From Where You Are by Cornel Rizea is what anyone trying to figure life out needs right now. The author gives an insight into the BOW (Believe, Observe, and Will) improvement process. This process has helped him overcome financial, marital, and other life challenges. This book not only prescribes how to overcome; it also specifies how to improve your current situations and find everlasting joy.

One of the impactful sayings that resonate with me from this book is: "Sitting down at a table to learn is like having a seat at a table where wisdom is served." Learning is a must-do if any improvement is to be made. From learning, we understand the why and how. Many mistakes and accidents come from pride — not being humble enough to listen to the voice of reason or find out the actual situation of things. When faced with a challenge, the last thing you want to do is make it worse. The feeling of knowing that you could have done better is depressing and may make you give up. But there is hope; knowing that things can and will improve is the first step. As simple as it sounds, the BOW improvement method is a robust process that has been proven to work. At first, I was skeptical about it. After all, there are many self-help books out there promising heaven and earth. However, after reading through and understanding the foundations of this process, I am now a convert. The BOW process is simple, but it isn't a walk in the park either. But I believe that if you put in the work, you will get the desired outcome.

Although this book talks about basic themes we might already know, the presentation, analogies, and anecdotes leave an indelible mark in the mind of readers. For example, the "jar and its four content" analogy made me truly understand how to focus on what is essential. The description of how we use our time as a deposit that will eventually yield a dividend is very striking. The author's conversational tone gives the reader a sense of assurance, and his personal story and insightful quotes are inspiring. An excellent addition is the reflective questions at the end of each chapter; it allows the reader to ponder and find answers to questions that might be bothering them. I am deeply grateful to have come across this book, as the time I invested in reading it has started yielding dividends.

The editing of this book is exceptionally done; there are no grammatical or typographical errors. Beyond the easy-flowing language of the book, the arrangement of its content in meaningful chapters, each covering an important topic, makes this book an encompassing read. From time to time, the author explains the reason for writing this book: to help someone out there.

I recommend this book to readers facing difficult life challenges, especially those who feel they are stuck in a rut. Cornel Rizea has been there, and he has learned to overcome and improve. His methods cost nothing but time. However, the benefits are worth it. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It delivers on its promise of helping you get your life back on track from wherever you might be stuck. There isn't escaping life challenges, but hope is always available to those willing to receive it.

Begin From Where You Are
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bright Umoru
Currently Reading: How to be successful
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-umoru.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Love by Sherine Anniruth
Reading Device: Android

Post by Bright Umoru »

Nice review. This book seems to be more like finding ones purpose.
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The book gives us a mantra of Believe, observe and will, which I feel is useful in our spiritual growth.
Mohamed Nady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohamed-nady.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mohamed Nady »

I feel that the book gives us hope in life and gives us a push forward to achieve the greatest gains from personal goals

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”