Review of Perfect

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Durga MS
Favorite Book: Perfect
Currently Reading: Randy the Irresistible
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durga-ms.html
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller

Review of Perfect

Post by Durga MS »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Perfect" by Judi Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Perfect: A Path to Love, Forgiveness & Transformation, by Judi Miller, is a memoir about love, spirituality and self-realisation. The book explores the gradual growth of the author from doubting herself to accepting her true self. Judi Miller takes us on a very unique yet incredibly universal journey of discovering one's purpose in life. It's a beautiful and tumultuous process where she reconnects with her inner soul and heals her body and mind both by embracing the path of spirituality. She takes us on an adventure of overcoming fears, opening our hearts to the world, finding our voices, forgiving ourselves and others, surrendering to the higher self and finally finding our true purpose in life.

One thing that caught my eye about it, is that it's a perfect blend of a memoir and a self-help book. The way the author manages to tell her story without overwhelming the readers is quite intriguing. Even though the book contains supernatural elements and spiritual healing, it doesn't make it inappropriate for a person who necessarily has no faith in this lifestyle. The story of the author in itself is motivating and she keeps the reader hooked by building curiosity around the events in her life. That being said, if the reader is too sceptical about the concepts of spiritual healing and things associated with it, the book might not be for you. On a more personal note, the book was influential because I've been going through self-doubts and reading it felt almost like a pleasant coincidence.

The book might come across as boring in the beginning because of repeated usage of a few phrases, words and incidents that made the book's progress seem slow. The language is simple but underwhelming in the first few chapters. Later, as the story goes on and gains pace, it changes. Other than that, there are no negative aspects to be pointed out throughout the length of the book.

There are a few mentions of sexual assault, and people who find it triggering should keep that in mind while reading the book, even though it's not descriptive. Another thing worth mentioning is that the book doesn't blatantly try to impose the ideals on the readers. The author shares her very delicate and painful memories and experiences to truly portray her transformation. Towards the end of her story, there is an element of surprise and suspense as things unfold and she finds answers to her questions. I was most intrigued by the idea of reincarnation and it sure incited a want to learn more about it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.. Overall, the book was a great read. It was remarkably well-edited as I found few errors while reading. The book is inspiring as it carries us through the intricate process of overcoming our fears. I would recommend this book to people who are struggling to find a way towards happiness and are on a path of soul searching. Nonetheless, the book is for anyone with an open mind, ready to experience the spiritual journey of Judi Miller.

Perfect
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It is admirable that the author focused the story around the events in her life and did not overwhelm the reader. This sounds like an interesting journey.
Thank you for your thoughtful take on this read! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”