Review of Impressions

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Impressions

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Impressions" by Ameya D. Pandit.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Impressions by Ameya D. Pandit is a collection of short letters written by the author to portray his thoughts and imagination about things, revealing their underlying and often unseen depths. The book, divided into three chapters, attempts to show the significance of the basic things we usually ignore while pursuing supposed higher things.

The author has a unique writing style. His flow is perfect at its own pace. In addition to being concise and punchy, the letters are short and easy to comprehend when they are read slowly and deliberately. The book is no doubt brilliant and extraordinarily perfect.

The importance of the introduction before each chapter can not be over-emphasized. It prepares the reader's mind and accompanies the reader in the deliberate journey of understanding the salient and underlying details in each letter.

Another big plus to the book is the unification of the letters and the show of commonality between the book's themes. There is a connection between the themes. The author's ability to write different letters about a particular theme without repeating ideas is mind-blowing. Every letter has something new to offer. Here's my favorite statement from the book: "every soul who retains this curiosity has found the means to remain happy, for only when our curiosity ends do we look at the world from a different lens." These words speak to me, as I'm a curious person.

This book is filled with lessons. The author highlights most things that we belittle in comparison to every other act of bravado. One of these seemingly mundane things is the act of crying. The author explains the importance of crying in a child's life. He describes it as a lifeline of any child; it is so essential that without it, the child is deficient. Another Instance is when he explains why it is easier for children to learn music as fast as they do.

The author's description of nature and art is so revealing. Readers will love the author's explanation of how poetry and music come to the rescue in times of confusion, commotion, and turmoil. This book is no doubt spell-binding and entertaining.

In addition to the beautiful lessons in this book, another mind-blowing aspect is that it is designed in such a way that it makes you think, wonder, imagine, reflect, create, and aspire. This book thrives in its attempt to investigate fundamental aspects of life and things within our grasp on which we seldom reflect. Impressions is a journey of sober reflection, written so we may find inspiration in the author's imaginations and thoughts.

I'm rating this book four out of four stars. Apart from a few errors, there's nothing negative I have to say about it. I recommend Impressions to lovers and seekers of knowledge of nature and art. If you're thrilled by the unconventional, this book will pique your interest.

Impressions
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The book is a collection of letters wrote by Ameya pandit. The letters shows us how deeply one can think about his presence. It has shown us a way of living of the author. It somewhere connects to spiritual embodiment.
Zaeda Amrin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaeda-amrin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Zaeda Amrin »

That sounds like quite an introspective and enlightening book. I like that the author touches on things that are looked down on like crying to normalize it. Those are very important lessons. Thanks for the excellent review!
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

It seems like a very enlightening book. I like the fact that the letters touch different themes but are unified in a way. Ill definitely be reading this one. Thanks for the great review!
Shehu Sokomba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shehu Sokomba »

This book inculcate us about the internal feelings,so as about the themes that deals with the systematic crying of a child life.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I'd really like to read about the importance of crying in a child's life and how it constitutes a lifeline for a child. I must as well commend the reviewer for a nice job.
Jose Josphat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jose-josphat.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Jose Josphat »

"... designed in such a way that it makes you think, wonder, imagine, reflect, create, and aspire." This statement carries the day. It is true that at times you can think, imagine and wonder about the very things that seem basic yet discover great depth and mystery that surrounds them. Great review.
Emerizx
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerizx.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Emerizx »

The book review is so enticing and interesting.
Bright Umoru
Currently Reading: How to be successful
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-umoru.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Love by Sherine Anniruth
Reading Device: Android

Post by Bright Umoru »

Wow! from your review I guess you really had great time with this book. Nice review
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

This type of book Is actually rare. And you did justice to this Review.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

One cannot underestimate the importance of relaying one's thought and experiences through writing. I guess you had a swell time reading this book. Nice review.
Uzzy_Reviews
Theexceptional
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theexceptional.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Theexceptional »

Letters and poetries are a way to document one's life in an emotional way. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

Until I came across this book, I'd never have thought of the necessity of crying in a child's life. Excellent review. Thank you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”