Review of George Washington Dealmaker-in-Chief

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Review of George Washington Dealmaker-in-Chief

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "George Washington Dealmaker-in-Chief" by Cyrus A. Ansary.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

George Washington Dealmaker-In-Chief: The Story of How The Father of Our Country Unleashed The Entrepreneurial Spirit in America by Cyrus A. Ansary is a biography of the first US president. The book has 15 chapters that discuss the most diverse aspects.

It is common to find a multitude of biographies that emphasize the military leader. This book, in contrast, discusses George Washington's life as a farmer, entrepreneur and discusses details that are important to understand some aspects of the American leader's personality, such as the influence that the English aristocracy had in his life and his love life. Even without a high formal education (which was common at the time since most founding fathers basically could only study law), he accomplished impressive feats. Having distinguished himself as a military leader, businessman, and politician.

The great thing about this book is that, unlike other biographies that emphasize the military leader, this work deals with different facets of the first American president. It buries once and for all the idea that George Washington only became rich because he married Martha. Not only was he a shrewd businessman, but he also laid the groundwork for the US to become the world's leading economic power a few centuries after his death. It was terrific to analyze in depth how one very talented individual responded to history's call to become what many consider the most significant American president of all time.

I hardly found anything negative to mention. On Amazon, few reviews say the author was not critical enough of the fact that Washington owned slaves or attacked Indian tribes. It is complete historical ignorance to analyze the moral behavior of someone who lived many centuries ago with the moral compass of a 21st-century person. Others have said that the author is an investment broker and doesn't know much about history. Nothing could be more wrong. In addition to studying history at the University of Paris, Cyrus provided extensive bibliography at the end of the book.

On the whole, I rate George Washington Dealmaker-In-Chief: The Story of How The Father of Our Country Unleashed The Entrepreneurial Spirit in America four out of four stars. It is an innovative, well-researched work that unequivocally demonstrates how the United States' first president was responsible for laying the foundations that would make the United States the world's leading economic power. I found only two minor grammatical errors, so there is no doubt that the book is professionally edited. I recommend it to those who love American history or want to understand the US foundation better.

George Washington Dealmaker-in-Chief
View: on Bookshelves
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

I love that this book shows different aspects of George Washington´s personality. It seems like an interesting and well-researched book. I'm eager to read it. Thanks fr the amazing review!
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

George Washington was indeed a great historical figure. Thanks for you lovely review.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

I am always keen on reading books that contains historical events. Having the chance to witness the life and experiences of George Washington is indeed a privilege. I’ll definitely try this one!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”