Review of SPirit Calling

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of SPirit Calling

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "SPirit Calling" by Michael Wuehler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Spirit Calling by Michael Wuehler is a daily devotional book. It contains the theme of God’s love and basic Bible teachings every Christian should know and understand.

January 1 starts with a teaching on Genesis 1:1. The author wrote about the existence of God before the creation of material things. In all the vastness of creation, God did not forget man. The author wrote of the majesty of man compared to the grandest mountains. Also, he compared man's beauty to the brightest sunrise. He explained how the Lord breathed into man His precious breath of life and enshrined His everlasting love deep within man’s soul. In each of the days, he explicitly explains God’s love and commitment to man. Also, he wrote on the expectations of God from man. He expounded on the significance of both Easter and Christmas. He explained that these seasons should not just be holidays, but should also be spent in drawing closer to God and sharing His love with others. Other teachings in the book include the beatitudes and the parable of the sower. Pick up this devotional book to enjoy the riches of Godly wisdom embedded within its pages.

The author’s writing style is not complicated. The book was written from God’s point of view and in the form of messages from God to His beloved children. The writings are short for each day. There is always a statement that serves as the key point for each day. The Bible verses are included after the write-ups for each day. Each Bible verse is from the Good News Translation of the Bible.

I love how the author uses the words “sacred heart” as God’s special name for His people. I also enjoy the conversational tone. It was direct, and you could almost feel God addressing you personally. I like how the last day of almost all the months contains a special psalm by the author. They were refreshing. I like the fact that the book was practical. The author seems to understand the daily human struggle with self and the world. The author repeatedly emphasized the fact that God is always present with His children. Each daily reading will provide you with a special truth and encouragement that can light up your day. The book also discusses subjects like finding strength in times of weakness and grief. Fellowship with others and acts of kindness to others are also a major part of the book. Another highlight for me is the author’s explanations about money and material things. He explained how they cannot satisfy the needs of the human soul, and how they take focus away from God and leave one bankrupt of spiritual power.

There’s nothing I dislike about the book. The author’s thoughts are well-expressed. Although short, it is powerfully written. Both experienced and new Christians can use it. The book is all-encompassing. It was also well edited. I found only three errors that didn’t affect my reading comprehension. Therefore, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Finally, I recommend the book to Christians seeking a daily devotional book to enrich their days. The book encourages a personal relationship with God and listening to Him daily.

SPirit Calling
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bright Umoru
Currently Reading: How to be successful
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-umoru.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Love by Sherine Anniruth
Reading Device: Android

Post by Bright Umoru »

This must be a must-read as a Christian. This review remind me of a sermon I heard, "the gift of man" there is a mystery about this "man". That God has to put everything under man.
Thanks for the review.
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

It seems like an inspirational and spiritual book. I'll recommend it to my Christian friends, Thanks for the great review!
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The spirit is the only truth. The spirit has huge power to drive the world. The review has explained it bit further. The book looks good and I'm going to read it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”