Review of The Book of JABZ

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Braided by Robert Speigel

Review of The Book of JABZ

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Book of JABZ" by JABZ.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Book of JABZ was written by JABZ. The book consists of a single chapter and cuts across different themes without focusing on a single message. The author admitted that this book was a product of a free-flowing writing exercise and should be taken as such.

In its single chapter, the author started by letting us know that God was up to something. He said we are the ones that create confusion since God is not the author of confusion. He also discussed the seven deadly sins mentioned in the Bible. He said many people don't understand God, and then he ponders why good things happen to bad people. In this free-writing exercise, the author explained that the more you read the Bible, you get to understand more of who and why God is.

This book has a few positive aspects. Firstly, I appreciated the terse length of this book. The author condensed his thoughts into a considerable length. The product was a book without too many pages. This ensured that the reader could complete this book in a single sitting. I also appreciated the honesty with which the author communicated his thoughts. He was unpretentious because he made it known that what was written was his personal opinion and should be taken as such.

However, this book has a lot of negative points. To start with, despite the moderate length of this book, I discovered many errors. This served as proof that the book was not professionally edited. Also, readers may struggle to decipher the central message this book tries to pass across. The author moves from one topic of discourse to another in an erratic and disorderly manner, touching too many things at once. This can make it difficult for a reader to grasp this book's central message.

Also, at some point in this book, the author mentioned a set of people who engage in various sins, such as those who sell their children for drugs, those who abort babies and those who get away with murder. He condemns them to hell in a very condemnatory tone. Yet, very shortly after, he sought to excuse his father, who was an addicted smoker. I found this to be a very unpleasant contradiction.

Because of all the negative points stated above, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because of the positive aspects stated above. I recommend this book mainly to Christians because many of the themes discussed focused on God and the Bible.

The Book of JABZ
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Urvashi Tripathi
2021 Reading Goal: 21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

Firstly, I liked the cover design of this book. When you said book has free-flowing writing I got excited but wanted to give this book a try. But further you mentioned this book didn't have any particular message for the readers is a disappointing thing to get to know. Thank you for the honest review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”