Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robert HUTCHESON
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-hutcheson.html
Latest Review: Vagabond by Mary A.J.

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Robert HUTCHESON »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon. The authors presented the premise of the age of the Earth and the universe differing in secular and biblical timeframes in such a way so not to discount or discredit either source that was refreshing from a scientific viewpoint. Using scripture passages along with scientific facts the authors showed how differing perspectives led to misunderstandings on scientific evidence used to date creation of the earth along with when life began on earth. His extensive research in both science and biblical origins made you stop and think about your own perspective on creation and just how it all began. Showing that man has little to no control over key events both past and future was illuminating. The use of the God-day to set time into perspective with how to date events was an astounding and astute piece of detective work that I was impressed with.

One of the key positive ideas I enjoyed was not using mostly biblical or scientific reasoning to draw out ideas, but a blending of both to prove his assertions and conclusions. It did take some rereading of certain areas of the book to gain an understanding of the material presented to see how it was put together. The authors did take their time in showing how they came across information and how it was put together to keep you involved in the process and see where it was leading up to. This made for an exciting journey through time in seeing the story come alive.

The only drawback I saw in the book was the traveling back and forth in time, which sometimes made it difficult to see the linear progression of events as well as understanding what information the authors were trying to get you to see. Once you got far enough into the book and got used to it, it was easier to read and follow. This was a minor inconvenience relative to the book as a whole and did not detract from well written book.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars for how well it was written and detail the authors put into writing it. I found no typos or errors of any kind as well as a great section in the back of the book giving good detail for every source the authors used in writing the book. This book was well thought out from beginning to the end to how the authors wished the reader to progress in understanding the concept of the book. Having a technical as well as religious background I was impressed with the knowledge expounded on in the book and how it was laid out.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is receptive and open-minded that can accept ideas about creation that may go against what they have heard or believed for most of their life. Readers who have either a pro-biblical or pro-secular view may find the book too hard to read without upsetting them. The blending of both secular and biblical material makes for fascinating read that will keep the reader engrossed from the beginning to the end wanting more as you progress through the book.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Latest Review: Vagabond by Mary A.J.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”