Review of Big Bad Bitcoin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Review of Big Bad Bitcoin

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Big Bad Bitcoin" by Alicia Villatoro.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Big Bad Bitcoin by Alicia Villatoro is a nonfiction book that tackles a complicated topic. Many people have heard the term; however, navigating the details of investing in cryptocurrency is intimidating to most potential investors. Villatoro cuts through this complicated topic and gives readers a brief history of cryptocurrency. She expertly simplifies the concept. The book is only fifty-three pages long and contains a wealth of information.

Villatoro invested in cryptocurrency in the past and made some honest mistakes while investing. These mistakes cost her a considerable amount of money. Her goal with this book is to describe her mistakes and help readers to avoid a similar fate. While there is still a great deal of money to be made with investment in cryptocurrency, the key is to diversify. The author repeatedly cautions readers to avoid putting all their eggs in one basket. Since the market fluctuates, diversification avoids the potential of a total loss if one cryptocurrency holds all your investments.

I have been curious about cryptocurrency for a few years now. It seems like a very complicated topic that I haven’t had time to research completely. This book manages to simplify the topic for readers. I learned about the history of cryptocurrency and how it is exchanged. The author described the wallets that are used for cryptocurrency and provided a link for purchases. This is beneficial to anyone interested in investing.

What I liked most about the book was the author’s direct manner of writing. She admits the mistakes she made and details how she tried to correct them. The honest way she tells her story can benefit may readers who have experienced something similar. The book also alerts people to the pitfalls of these investments and how to avoid some of them. She also gives advice on how to diversify and invest in very simple terms that will be easy for novice investors to understand. The only negative aspect of the book is that it is so short. I would have enjoyed reading more details about the author’s experiences with investments in cryptocurrency. I would have also appreciated additional advice from someone experienced in these investment opportunities.

I would recommend this book to readers who are curious about this topic because it starts from a very basic level. It describes the complicated concepts and opportunities in a manner that beginners can understand. Also, for readers ready to invest in cryptocurrency, she provides advice on how to begin the process. There were some errors in the book, so I don’t believe it was professionally edited. Largely due to the number of errors and the fact that I would have liked to see some additional details about investing, I give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.

Big Bad Bitcoin
View: on Bookshelves
Omark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omark »

I like this review because it sounds like promoting in how to investing in cryptocurrency.i myself I like investing in cryptocurrency.i would have to read this book from the beginning.i need to get more skills and knowledge . this is interesting review I have learned from here.
Barbara Perini
Currently Reading: Il nome della rosa
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-perini.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Barbara Perini »

I’m also curious about cryptocurrency and now I’m interested in learning more about this topic. It seems a good book to learn from.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

I have been investing in crypto for almost a month now and it's disheartening that I’m losing almost a vast amount of my finance because of my illiteracy and ignorance. I hope this book will help me to assess how to take profit from investing in this platform. Thanks for your honest and great review!
Olung KingsleyO
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Olung KingsleyO »

Wow, i will say is my honor to be in contact to such a topic like this, cos obviously i have been been getting in touch and moved always on how to become an investor on coin stuff,..
So i believe when i get to read the book myself it's gonna enlighten me more.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”