Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KELVIN LANGAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-langat.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by KELVIN LANGAT »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon has three parts namely; beginning and timeline, ending and the last part is beyond the timeline. Part one has seven chapters. Part two has four chapters. Part three has two chapters. The novel begins by discussing the siege of Acre in Spain. Isaac was around when all this was happening. He prepared himself to flee. As he hurriedly walked he realised that the Muslim fighters had streamed into the adjacent streets. Most Christians and Jews were killed. Isaac was useful to the Mamluks and he was taken a prisoner. Where do you think the earth originated from? How old is the world? Isaac’s manuscript has calculations trying to identify the age of the world. In Russia, David owned a library with a collection of ancient Hebrew manuscripts. Read this novel to learn more. Have ever imagined what the end times will look like?

I like how this novel engages its readers. It thanks its readers for reading this novel. It has a collection of extra information about this novel and a glossary which is a brief dictionary for word related to this book and those words which you are seeking to understand them. There is also employed on the use visual perception hence there are twenty-five images. It also provides credit to all photos. I also like how numbers representing certain figures have been employed. Tables are also involved. I also like the systematic narrative of past events as relating to the bible and science in this novel. The description involved makes it look like a movie. It ignited my imagination. In addition, I like how the author used a different fond to indicate a narration.

Even though the explanation was good I just got bored while reading this novel. The suspense involved is minimal. I didn’t like it when I was able to predict what will happen next.

I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars. It has been edited professionally. It has zero levels of profanity, it has no errors, no typos and no vulgar words. The main theme was well maintained. There was no deviation in all topics. This qualified the novel to earn all the stars.

All in all, I finished it. I will highly recommend reading it. It has a narrative of war, history, religions and science-related stories. It also mentions great scholars like Einstein and Aristotle. I find this novel suitable for lovers of history, people who want to relate the bible with science, scientist Christians and all non-fiction lovers.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
olomunyak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomunyak.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by olomunyak »

The end time!
I always ask myself a lot of questions about this but I can't find good answers to my question.
This review has also tried to discuss it. It is fascinating and it has ignited my imagination.
Sonasteve
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Sonasteve »

I like how the author of this novel has compared the Bible and science in determining the end times.
I think it will be horrific and scary.
Thanks for this review
Steve23kn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steve23kn.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Steve23kn »

I have read through your review and it has ignited my imagination, first, it made me ask this question will there be another earth after this earth is over. I don't have the best answer. Thanks for the review
KELVIN LANGAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-langat.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by KELVIN LANGAT »

Thanks for the comments. This end-time thing is also hectic in my mind I will read more and try to identify how it will be or even be in real.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Friedmann knows how to present the information in a very catchy way, despite the fact that he approaches some difficult subjects. Great review!
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Interesting book about religious history and science plus religion.
I don't know much about Jewish scriptures but the Bible and the quraan, as well as extra-biblical texts and the prophetic tradition have vivid descriptions of the end of the world. Its always scary to read or think about.

I wasn't sure of what to expect from the title but now you've intrigued me.

Thanks for a great review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

I think all Christians should at least read one book like this in their lives. Just to have a greater understanding of different opinions and comparisons etc. Great review.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I also read and enjoyed this book. The descriptions were very vivid and I enjoyed learning more about history. My favorite parts were the sections about Sir Isaac Newton and Philip Henry Gosse. The End Times predictions were also very interesting.

Thank you for your detailed review.
🙂
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

How old is the world, actually? I've always wondered about these things. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”