Review of Happy Healing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Trevie Omondi Ayombe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trevie-omondi-ayombe.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of Happy Healing

Post by Trevie Omondi Ayombe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happy Healing" by Dominique Bourlet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you want to help your body out of pain and sickness, you must welcome all these unpleasant sensations with a sense of detachment. Always pay attention to your body. Accept the pain, experience it and let it go peacefully.

Happy healing by Dominique Bourlet is a book on how to overcome physical and emotional pain. He gives a combination of advice and steps on how to beat pain. Dominique Bourlet learnt more than twenty massage protocols from India to Japan and in ten Asian countries with well-rooted therapeutic traditions.

One of the steps in this book is on how to find a breakthrough while in pain. It states that, rather than hating and cursing on whatever is causing the pain, embrace it with positivity. On the contrary, the presence of a negative feeling is the secret block that can prevent or slow down the healing process. Don’t give chance for negative thoughts. On the other hand, pain and disease are indicators that the body is tired. They let you know of the excessive workload or the strain the body is working under. With this, it triggers you to start thinking of or initiating a healing process.

In this world, you are the only expert on your pain and discomfort. If you deepen your expertise, you can launch a very successful self-healing initiative. When the body communicates in pain, it needs you to communicate back. When the pain kicks in, take rapid action towards it and do not wait for a high level of pain. Neutralize the pain with positivity and focus on the positive results.

What I love the most about this book, is the way the author gives life to different body parts. He pictures different body parts as independent and living creatures that can reason and talk back. This is a process of triggering the brain to engage itself in a discussion. It is a way of finding a solution within your mind without giving pain a chance to control you. If you can engage your mind this way, then it simply portrays the power of the mind.

I love this book but I feel it is biased. There are several therapeutic ways but the book just talks about Asian ways without recognizing the rest of the world. It feels more like a marketing strategy for the Asian culture. I don’t dispute the fact that Asian therapies are some of the best procedures to heal the body but we should research more on other procedures.

This book was exceptionally edited and the language used in this book is simple and clear. In regards to this, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to people who have physical and emotional pain. This includes stress and sickness.

Happy Healing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
By Trevor Omondi :idea:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”