Review of Immigrant Hustle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Precious Chimbala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-chimbala.html
Latest Review: Immigrant Hustle by Amine Rahal

Review of Immigrant Hustle

Post by Precious Chimbala »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Immigrant Hustle" by Amine Rahal.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Immigrant Hustle: How 50 Entrepreneurs Came to America and Built Something Out of Nothing by Amine Rahal is a powerful and thoughtful book that shifts the reader's brain to think more positively about immigration. The book is about immigrants from all walks of life trying to reach for the American dream. And since it’s written in an interview format each story is given special attention living the readers satisfied. There are different types of people from all walks of life, giving testimonies about their hurdles to success. The book touches on a lot of issues facing immigrants. All the good, the bad, and the very bad are present in the book. Immigrant Hustle will take the readers out of their comfort zone in an inspiring way.

The positive aspect of this book is that you do not have to be an immigrant or an entrepreneur to read it. It has a story that each person from any background, anywhere can relate to. I love that the author included at least one person from all the 7 continents of the world. All genders and certain people from the LGBTQI+ community were included. Rahal wrote this book to accommodate all humans of the world so that no one feels excluded. I especially love the way the author asked the questions making them so relevant for the readers. The book almost directs the readers on how to go about in their entrepreneurial journey.

I found nothing negative to point out about this book, although I would have loved to hear more about certain stories in detail such as the story of Hao Lam.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was well written. The author accommodated the readers in a way that provide shelter for all at any reading level. The book puts a lot of valuable information in a short space since it was written in an interview format. The book gave valuable insights to those interested in starting their own business. I also love how they gave ordinarily humans first-hand experience of the life of immigrants. The book is full of positive insights.

The book is intended for all those who want to go into entrepreneurship, all individuals who want to flourish and set up a successful business, those who love exploring, immigrants who ask themselves if America has a place for them, and all people at any age who thought it's over for them. I especially recommend this book to anyone who wants to start a business and see life through the lenses of an immigrant.

Immigrant Hustle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I enjoyed the sample pages of this book, but I didn't add it to my list. Thank you for your excellent review and recommendation. I will certainly add it now! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I can relate to the hustles of immigration from leaving your home country to starting in a foreign country.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”