Review of Lifeline

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Re: Review of Lifeline

Post by Miriam nkere »

markodim721 wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 10:43 I am glad that the author has found the strength to turn even one difficult life story into an inspiring book from which important life lessons can be learned.
Exactly a lot of lessons, thanks for your comment.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Josephe-Anne wrote: 10 Jul 2021, 21:23 It's true that the pharmaceutical industry rakes in a lot of money. And it isn't just as a result of cancer treatment drugs. They make large profits by selling medications for chronic ailments too. So, yes, I do believe we should all try to eat healthier foods as much as we can afford.

Thank you for your insightful review.
:techie-reference:
Yes no doubt about other chronic diseases but making it very very expensive and it wont cure is very unfair. Thanks
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

What a profound book. Cancer is a scary disease and I hope the author's wife made it. It's a shame that some people place money above human life.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your informative review. Doctors are also human, so it's natural that they make mistakes or are unable to save their patients. However, if they do that purposely for money, that's practically a crime.
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

Capitalism has influenced even those that swear the Thaddeus Oath, something that is totally inhumane. To be humiliated while seeking treatment for a loved one is one of the causes that disenfranchises professionals and makes them turn to acts of terrorism. A great review that makes one self aware of their actions and how they affect others.
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

Sometimes, pharmaceutical industry could be disappointing. But I'm not making it general. There are just some doctors that are disappointing.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

Definitely a tough read. I think I will skip this one. Great and honest review!
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I am a cancer survivor, but mine was thyroid. I knew when mine started swelling that it was most likely cancer. This was in November of 2015. I went to the doctor repeatedly, begging for it to be removed, but they kept throwing more and more thyroid meds at me, telling me there was no reason to believe it was cancerous. I finally convinced my doctor to get me into an endo (this was in February.) Because I was deemed non emergency, I didn't get an appointment until June 2016. I pushed that doctor for a removal surgery, and she finally agreed, after much argument. She didn't believe I needed removal, just more meds. I saw a surgeon in July, and he argued with me too. Finally had my thyroid removed in August. By that time, I couldn't eat, couldn't breath. I was being suffocated by my own thyroid.

They biopsied the thyroid after it was removed (it weighed 70 grams when a healthy female of my age should have a thyroid weighing 14.5 grams), and it was cancerous deep in the core where a regular thyroid biopsy would not have found it.

Long story short, I hate doctors due to their unwillingness to actually get off their rears and help a patient. They think they know absolutely everything, when it truth, they know almost nothing.

Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”