Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fauchi Hector
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fauchi-hector.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Fauchi Hector »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Successful is a self-help book that tutors on how to win in life and the leadership game. M. Curtis McCoy teaches uses stories to teach the important lessons that he has learnt in life about success and leadership. He also provides the transcripts of interviews that he was lucky to have with a few people who have made their mark in the sands of time. Each of these interviewees major in different areas of specialization. The first interview, after his, is that of Jeff "Biggs" Wobig, a US Navy SEAL sniper. The second is Connie Wyatt, the CMO of Best Cellular. The third is Paul B. Watson of Downtown Vineyard Church. Followed by Eric Payne of Venture Advocates, Caujuan Mayo of Uprock Publications, Nathan Schulhof, the father of the MP3 Player, and Jeff McGregor, a Business Developer and musician. What all these men have to say is worth a billion bucks.

From the moment I saw this book’s table of content, I knew that I was in for a very fruitful and empowering ride. The topics give a picture of what the chapter is going to talk about. When I finally got to the first chapter, I was fed with so much wisdom that was borne out of the many years that the author has tried, failed, and succeeded in life as a businessman and a leader.

The feature that I love above all others is the stories that McCoy uses to teach the lessons that he did. He had a story for every lesson taught. Some of them are funny and some are sad. The one thing that they all have in common is that they all teach one or more moral lessons. My favorite is the one about the homeless guy who missed his 'orange creamsicle' because of his foul and toxic attitude towards people whom he feels life unfairly dealt better hands than him.

The only thing that I wish the author had done differently in this book is adding more pages to it. 185 pages seem to be a lot of pages but it was a breeze for me. I am not surprised that this is so. How could it not have been when the book offers so much wisdom and intelligence in a lighthearted and smart way? If it had been 1000 pages, I would not have had any problem reading it.

I liked everything in How To Be Successful. I liked the lessons taught and I loved the delivery. I loved the interviews. I liked how the book does not have any errors and how exceptionally edited it was. I liked everything and I will say that on any mountain any day. So I rate it four out of four stars. How To Be Successful is a book that every person, adult, and teenager, will find helpful in his or her endeavor. It will teach you not only how to be successful, but also how to be a leader.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This looks like a diverse group of interviewees. It would be interesting to see how their answers compare. Thank you for your recommendation! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

I have also read this book and gave it a perfect score. I think the author did well to include excerpts from his interviews with several successful people. Readers would learn a lot from this book. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”