Review of The Noble And Great Ones

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Review of The Noble And Great Ones

Post by Mys_Trea »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Noble And Great Ones" by Mark Colo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Noble and Great Ones: It’s Not About Proportions, It’s What’s In The Glass That Matters Most, is a book by Mark Colo, which seeks to impart pearls of wisdom about life. It also aims to give recognition to the great and noble figures of both past and present. The author shares credos with us, which can be helpful if we put them into practice. One of my favorite ones is “The only constant is change. Embrace it.” The truth behind this credo is quite profound. If we can accept it as fact, we can let go of a lot of anxiety and fear that often creeps into our lives at the prospect of any type of change, be it a career change, lifestyle change, a sudden unexpected illness, etc. The book also touches on the power of God in our lives, and how embracing a God-fearing life can help to attain a purposeful life.

I found a lot to love about this book. It has so many gems that can be appreciated by people from all walks of life. The author shares with us the events that shaped him. We glimpse into how, for instance, his adolescent life was changed when his mother married for the second time. As a young man, he was introduced to a different life, living in a different city, and having to adapt to this new father figure’s way of doing things. The book was also very well researched. I had to take my time with it, as there was a lot of fascinating information that was going into my brain. I wanted to savor this knowledge, look up some of these inspirational figures, and just sit in awe of the amazing feats that they had achieved. I never knew, for example, about the extraordinary story of James Harrison from Australia. Over his life, he made over 1 000 blood donations to assist in treating Rhesus disease. His blood, which had rare antibodies, helped to save 2.4 million babies.

All the aspects of this book were fantastic. The editing was professionally done. It was so well done, I encountered no errors. The style of writing was not complicated, and I loved the author’s use of clever acronyms which can “help us remember important principles and meaningful habits for self-improvement.” I also enjoyed how the spotlight was shined on leaders of different industries, from sports to science and religion. This makes it easier for the book’s message to reach a broader audience, as opposed to, for example, Christians only. There truly was nothing not to like.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I have come to think of it as a handbook that I can keep throughout my life’s journey. It is definitely not one to be read once and forgotten about. It simply goes back to the plethora of information that can be found within the pages of the book. A daredevil, seeking to scale Mt. Everest, for instance, would find practical information on the financial implications of this massive undertaking. Someone who is just looking for some inspirational life lessons can gain a lot from reading this book, whether young or older.

I was pleased to read this book in its entirety without encountering any profanity. There was some violence mentioned when some events that occurred in war were detailed. For this reason, I wouldn’t recommend this book to very young or sensitive readers. I would encourage ambitious young adults to read the book, as it could benefit them greatly. Fans of inspirational non-fiction books would definitely enjoy this book. Any reader who would like to enrich their lives and inject some positivity into their days would do well to read this book. I know that I certainly did.

The Noble And Great Ones
View: on Bookshelves
"She remembered who she was.
And then the game changed."
Andriette v
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andriette-v.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Andriette v »

Wonderful review! This sound like an amazing must read book. I have heard that credo before and it has been an encouragement many time especially when juggling life as a mommy with a toddler! Another saying that is helpful to keep up your enthusiasm for life is that as soon as you figure life out, everything changes. So true, especially for parents!
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

This sounds greatly inspiring! Would like to give it a try. Thanks for such an insightful review! :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
Barbara Perini
Currently Reading: Il nome della rosa
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-perini.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Barbara Perini »

Interesting review. I liked especially to know that the author features different leaders. I enjoy this kind of inspirational book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”