Review of God's Clear Voice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Re: Review of God's Clear Voice

Post by MsH2k »

IamJc_Bembo12 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 21:09 I am not really keen on reading books with a spiritual context. However, you did a great review!
I appreciate your visit. Thank you for your comment!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

Personally, I am very careful when it comes to books that include the author's interpretations of the Bible as if they came straight from God. However, I find it indeed reasuring to be encouraged to verify them in the light of the Bible. Thanks for your review!
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

damis wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:39 Personally, I am very careful when it comes to books that include the author's interpretations of the Bible as if they came straight from God. However, I find it indeed reasuring to be encouraged to verify them in the light of the Bible. Thanks for your review!
At one point, the author and I were in opposite camps on the interpretation of the same biblical text. It was not around a core Christian principle but involved an aspect of the tribulation. We’ll just find out the answer when the time comes. :D
Thank you for your comment, damis!
Rosa Parks
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. Looks like the author is trying to borrow Ortiz's life to reflect God's presence. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in religious discussions, so I guess I will skip this book.
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Sou Hi wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 04:11 Thanks for your review. Looks like the author is trying to borrow Ortiz's life to reflect God's presence. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in religious discussions, so I guess I will skip this book.
Yes, if you’re not interested in religious discussions, skipping this one would be a good idea. :D Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, Sou Hi. It’s good to see you.
Rosa Parks
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

While this doesn't sound like the right book for me, I could see some of my Christian family and friends finding it interesting. I think it is an interesting question to explore. Seems like a solid book for those willing to keep an open mind and read another's experience with their faith. Thank you for the informative review.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Rwill0988 wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 18:01 While this doesn't sound like the right book for me, I could see some of my Christian family and friends finding it interesting. I think it is an interesting question to explore. Seems like a solid book for those willing to keep an open mind and read another's experience with their faith. Thank you for the informative review.
They may indeed find this book interesting. I thought the author described his experiences well and gave solid scriptural references. Thank you for your visit and your comment.
Rosa Parks
Angelica Palma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Angelica Palma »

Hello
You Remind me about the History of Joseph the optimist actually, I read Bible old and new testament, and I am done reading it. And I do believe that God talks to us because he gives us a Bible that we need to read it that is the way we talk to him and to know him, but a lot of people making a book but they don't know the real history of the Bible or they share the little info in the Bible but they don't know the real history only for research in the social media the best way is to push ourselves to read it all and they have a blessing and protection from him and also the knowledge from the Bible, and the example of Mr. ortiz is not perfectly to used to become a sample of Joseph and other words are spelling is not good but its a little problem only. I am honest to say this because Bible is holy.
Brandy_Nyongesa
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-nyongesa.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Brandy_Nyongesa »

Being a staunch Christian, I believe that God still speaks to his people directly. Great review.
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Angelica Palma wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 07:04 Hello
You Remind me about the History of Joseph the optimist actually, I read Bible old and new testament, and I am done reading it. And I do believe that God talks to us because he gives us a Bible that we need to read it that is the way we talk to him and to know him, but a lot of people making a book but they don't know the real history of the Bible or they share the little info in the Bible but they don't know the real history only for research in the social media the best way is to push ourselves to read it all and they have a blessing and protection from him and also the knowledge from the Bible, and the example of Mr. ortiz is not perfectly to used to become a sample of Joseph and other words are spelling is not good but its a little problem only. I am honest to say this because Bible is holy.
Indeed, the Bible is holy, and God reveals Himself to us through His Word. I think we miss so much of what He has for us each day by not looking and listening.
Thank you for your comment.
Rosa Parks
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Brandy_Nyongesa wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 07:56 Being a staunch Christian, I believe that God still speaks to his people directly.
Ditto.
Thank you for stopping by!
Rosa Parks
Aswel

Post by Aswel »

Great question for the world we live in. But for me, I do believe.
Oluwakemi fashola

Post by Oluwakemi fashola »

An interesting title
My attention was drawn on the title
I believe this is a book that will bring an individual in track with God
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Aswel wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 03:47 Great question for the world we live in. But for me, I do believe.
Your statement reminds me of Joshua 24:15. :book: Thank you for stopping by!
Rosa Parks
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Oluwakemi fashola wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 04:48 An interesting title
My attention was drawn on the title
I believe this is a book that will bring an individual in track with God
Yes, it will indeed. Even if you don't agree with everything the author says, you will be drawn into the scriptures, and that is what is most important. Thank you for your comment.
Rosa Parks

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”