Review of Let's Help You Self-Help!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acalaue João
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acalaue-jo-o.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Review of Let's Help You Self-Help!

Post by Acalaue João »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Let's Help You Self-Help!" by Anthony Jacob Braaten.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For everyone who finds himself in a situation of despair and urgently crying out for help. Or for those who need motivation to continue the fight for success Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten is the perfect guide for you to find some tips that will lead to find the help you need or achieve the success you wish to accomplish.

Driven from the years of therapy he has been through because of Bipolar, Anthony Jacob Braeten gathered all his life leanings and experiences and wrote this motivational book in order to help people achieve lasting happiness in life. He explains the way to achieve that fulfilling life by proposing twelve skills that have to be mastered so that one can live a happy and fulfilling life.

Firstly, I would like to appraise the author for the reason he wrote this book. It is very humane for him to share his experiences in order to help others who are facing or may have to face similar situations at some point in time. Moreover, I have read many other motivational books before but this book stands out for one reason: it looks like a coursebook although it is a motivational and a self-help book; it is designed as a coursebook. As you read this book, you feel like you are accomplishing lessons and units of a course where you have to read the contents and practice the exercises so that you can tell if you have mastered the content or not.

The book is very practical so that the reader can actually put into practice the skills taught. It was written in very simple language, making it very easily understood. I also liked the cotes the author included at the beginning of each skill. Therefore, I think the questions introducing the skills were a bit repetitive, making it a bit boring. Apart from that, I found the book very useful and instructional. Even though the stated that book is intended for mentally ill people, I think this book is good enough for everyone to read and learn a lot from its contents. Going further, there were no profanity instances in the book. So, it is recommended to all age groups, especially those who are going through tough times.

Though the author said the book had more than ten mistakes, I could not find any of them while reading. So, I congratulate the author for the excellent work done while editing and writing the book. And as I did not find any typo, I decided to rate this book with the maximum score 4 out of 4 stars.

Let's Help You Self-Help!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”