Review of Two worlds one mind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hhannahh
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: The Whaler's Daughter by Jerry Mikorenda

Review of Two worlds one mind

Post by Hhannahh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Two worlds one mind" by Katina Blasingame.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Two Worlds One Mind, Katina Blasingame presents two worlds to the reader: The World and My World. The World is the reality of things, while My World is the subconscious creation of the mind. Living in My World means viewing challenges as bigger than they actually are; it is worrying and exaggerating problems. Living in The World, however, is accepting challenges as they are, without adding any exaggeration or illusion, and trusting God for his help and guidance. Now there's an internal battle between these two worlds, but the choice of where to dwell is in your hands.

Two Worlds One Mind: Antidote for Anxiety was about the author's struggle with anxiety. After exposing the concepts of the two worlds, the author explained how her anxiety was as a result of her dwelling in My World, and how anxiety created the majority of her health problems. While she recounted several of her panic attack experiences, she also shared how she, on such occasions, used the word of God to banish the fear that attempted to cripple her mind. One of such experiences was when on a hiking excursion, Katina was triggered by the word 'rattlesnake,' and upon seeing a coiled rope, she went into full-blown panic mode. Having suffered anxiety for most of her life, Katina intends that this book would be of help to people in similar situations. She teaches that healthy living is staying in the present moment.

Comprising of just about 70 pages, this book was a quick and easy read. The diction was simple, and the author's tone was a blend of conversational and preachy. Every few paragraphs were followed with a verse from the bible, as the bible was the authority upon which the author wrote. She received solace from God and his word, and she hopes that others may find solace in him.

Overall, Two Worlds One Mind was a good and worthwhile read. It reminded me that God is always there for me, through and through. It also opened my eyes to the harsh reality of people who struggle with anxiety and fear. I recommend this book to anyone who wishes to make a positive change in this regard. The editing of this book was almost flawless; I noticed only a couple of errors.

What would have been the biggest shortcoming of this book was the initial lack of any practicable solution–other than prayer. Even the bible teaches that faith without work is dead. Fortunately, this situation was remedied in the latter part of this book, where, in addition to prayer, the author provided two other remarkable procedures with which she overcame the fear that so easily beset her. That aside, I have other reservations. I noticed that the author had a thing for capitalizing the first letter of the male pronouns (as in Him, He, and His), regardless of who she was referring to, whether God or man. Now what makes this irregularity more irregular is that this style was not consistently applied in the book; there were few instances where the first letter of such pronouns was not capitalized (and which did not seem to be a deliberate exception). I think the author should consistently apply whichever style she chooses. My last and most crucial reservation with this book is that it lacked some level of depth. This wouldn't be the case if the author had provided a better analysis of the concept of fear and anxiety other than that they are from the devil.

Considering all that I've said, I'll rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Save for my reservations, I would have given it a perfect rating. I also would have rated it 3.5 stars, if that were an option. As can be gathered from the foregoing, this book and the help it seeks to provide are rooted in the bible. If you do not actively believe in the bible, this book would be of little help to you.

Two worlds one mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

I like that this book is so short and easily digestible and perhaps works best as a guide or comforter rather than a book for those seeking practical solutions. Great review!
Hhannahh

Post by Hhannahh »

WADonnelly wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 12:59 I like that this book is so short and easily digestible and perhaps works best as a guide or comforter rather than a book for those seeking practical solutions. Great review!
Hmmm. I like your perspective. I also considered that the word of God was only what the author wanted to present. Maybe I was a little too practical for this book?
Thank you for commenting.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Anxiety and fear has been a problem to some of us due to the circumstances we experience. I like that this book is just 70 pages. Thanks for the beautiful review.
Hhannahh

Post by Hhannahh »

Mercy Osmond wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 04:53 Anxiety and fear has been a problem to some of us due to the circumstances we experience. I like that this book is just 70 pages. Thanks for the beautiful review.
We all have that one vice... Thank you for commenting.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

I would love to live in the World more than I live in my world. Over time, I've discovered that my mind exaggerates problem and challenges. So it's best to live in the world and see challenges for what they really are and nothing more. Great review.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Wow! Thank you for sharing this beautiful review, I enjoyed reading it. Great work!
Hhannahh

Post by Hhannahh »

Mtibza eM wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 14:38 Wow! Thank you for sharing this beautiful review, I enjoyed reading it. Great work!
Thank you 😊.
Hhannahh

Post by Hhannahh »

El_limitless wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 08:20 I would love to live in the World more than I live in my world. Over time, I've discovered that my mind exaggerates problem and challenges. So it's best to live in the world and see challenges for what they really are and nothing more. Great review.
Heyyy, that's good to hear. I hope you're able to completely breakout of My World. Thank you for commenting.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Thank you for providing a warning to those who don't thoroughly believe in the Bible.
The cover has colorful font, which I like the most about it.
I trust your judgement about the book's lack of depth.
Lastly, thank you for providing a detailed analysis of this book.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Hhannahh

Post by Hhannahh »

Dzejn_Crvena wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 08:26 Thank you for providing a warning to those who don't thoroughly believe in the Bible.
The cover has colorful font, which I like the most about it.
I trust your judgement about the book's lack of depth.
Lastly, thank you for providing a detailed analysis of this book.
Thank you for reading and analyzing my review.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Finding a solution for anxiety is a very useful topic. Thank you for your objective and interesting review!
Chisom oguejiofor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Chisom oguejiofor »

I believe there's more to this world than the eyes meet, and now the author has presented another perspective to my ideology. Living in The World is almost always the best option.
Thank you for this enlightening review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”