Review of Cowboys and the Bible

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of Cowboys and the Bible

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cowboys and the Bible" by Leon Autrey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cowboys and the Bible by Leon Autrey is a short non-fiction book that features beautiful illustrations of cowboys performing different tasks and words of wisdom supported with Bible verses. This author has been a cowboy and a rancher all his life, so there are drawings of farm animals, pets, and family members that depict the cowboys' ways of life and some of the challenges they face. He shares that, as a boy, he was always drawing scenes and things about his activities on the ranch. The illustrations in this book are a testament to his excellent drawing skills. And most importantly, the words of wisdom that follow the drawings are both inspiring and encouraging.

It wasn't easy to choose my favorite aspect of the book between its beautiful graphics and the author's inspiring words. However, I settled for the latter because the world needs those right now. The author touches on topics like helping others in need, working hard, planning for the future, fairness, having faith in God, praying for our leaders, among many others. The author's message is relevant, and it would serve as a reminder to us all about how we can live godly lives. I enjoyed how the author used Bible verses to corroborate the nuggets of wisdom he shared.

Furthermore, the hand-drawn illustrations in this book are equally impressive. They are colorful and admirable. Though the drawn characters aren't named, it is easy to identify them from their clothes and features. Readers would also be able to relate the on-page illustrations to the words of wisdom for that page.

This 54-page book is concise and easy to finish in no time. I like how some of the author's comments on the illustrations aroused my curiosity to look up what he meant in the Bible. For example, one of the comments read, "The best invitation we ever received!" I had to look up the given verse under it in the Bible to know what the invitation was. And this means that readers can also improve their knowledge of the Bible by reading the book.

I am happy to report that I enjoyed reading this book. I didn't dislike anything about it either, even though I found a typo in the book. Considering its small volume, I wished the editing was exceptional. Moving on, parents can also use the book to teach their children about doing God's will and being responsible citizens because kids would find the illustrations captivating. To conclude, I happily rate the book four out of four stars. I recommend the book to readers who love short, non-fiction books with illustrations and words of wisdom that align with biblical teachings.

Cowboys and the Bible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

The title of this book caught my attention right away. This is definitely an interesting premise, and a fun way to learn about the Bible. Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

An interesting title and review. My interest is piqued and to be honest I know I need that extra push to dive into scripture more often. Thank you for this review.
Floramay Espino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Floramay Espino »

This is awesome book you cause there are bible verse that can inspire us. Great and good review thanks.
Onyebum B
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Onyebum B »

Amazing what a lovely book been shared, the book is unique so encouraging in our presence daily living thanks for sharing
Last edited by Onyebum B on 13 Jun 2021, 19:02, edited 2 times in total.
Bhavika kalra
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bhavika kalra »

This book is amazing and the title is so good .good way to learn bible.
sunny4life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunny4life.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by sunny4life »

I love the concept of this book. I always appreciate a book that helps encourage and impact biblical knowledge on children while having been designed to be captivating and fun for them. Me and my little one will definitely give this a shot.
peter-turo
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-turo.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by peter-turo »

He managed to exhibit his lovely drawings and also delivered important messages. That was remarkable. Thanks for a wonderful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”