Review of Original Wisdom

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of Original Wisdom

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Original Wisdom" by Donna Bond.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We spend most of our lives building careers, making money, searching for the perfect partner, and believing that these things can bring us happiness. In Original Wisdom: Harness the Power of the Authentic You by Donna Bond, you will realize that there is more to life than these. The author seeks to help readers harness the inherent power in their authentic selves and live fulfilled lives.

Donna Bond recounts her career in hospitality which lasted for 28 years. She worked her way up the corporate ladder and was very good at her job. Nevertheless, she just knew that something was amiss in her life. Donna was both unhappy and unfulfilled. Thankfully, she woke up to embrace her spirituality and resigned from her job despite her ego opposing the decision. Donna also enrolled and earned a master's degree in Spiritual Psychology at the University of Santa Monica. Through her life experiences, teachings from others, and knowledge she gained from her studies, the author intends to help readers understand that they have the inherent wisdom to empower the awakening of their highest consciousness and live a fulfilled life as a result.

Knowledge is power! So I feel more powerful having read the author's teachings in this book. There were times that I felt as if she was ministering to me on a personal level. The author's story is relatable and not far from what most of us deal with in our lives. I enjoyed how the author provided lessons to help readers become conscious of the power they carry within. No matter your background or what you believe to be true about life, I am sure you would agree with more than one of the author's lessons. Having also read a few other books about our inherent powers, I liked how this book didn't bring confusion but further explained the subject.

The exercises at the end of each of the chapters are my favorite aspects of the book. I looked forward to participating in them as I read the book. I especially loved the 'Special Truth Activation' parts of the exercises, which are personal decrees to reclaim one's empowerment. I felt empowered and revived reading the words in them aloud as instructed by the author. I believe that diligently participating in the activities is necessary to ensure gaining the most benefits from the book.

Furthermore, I must commend the author for her message about gratitude. Like most of us, I am also guilty of worrying about the things I lack instead of being thankful for what I do have. There are many other life lessons in the book, and I learned that I am a spiritual being having a physical adventure and that my beliefs create my world.

Another aspect of this book that is praiseworthy is the author's writing style. Donna is a good storyteller! The balance between her captivating narrations and the lessons that follow is impeccable. I like how calm and conversational her tone is and appreciate how she uses simple language to explain things to the reader. In conclusion, I am happy to report that I didn't find anything to dislike about the book. It is also professionally edited and has only a few errors. I, therefore, rate Original Wisdom: Harness the Power of the Authentic You four out of four stars. I highly recommend it to readers interested in igniting their 'Light,' awakening their inherent intelligence, and discovering the creative powers they hold within.

Original Wisdom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
sunny4life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunny4life.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by sunny4life »

Very informative and well curated review. I'm not much into empowerment books but the review makes this one seem interesting and relatable
Edward chipuluka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Edward chipuluka »

Very impressive and awekaning ....wisdom is more to be used in acquiring knowledge....the books reviews more to go for in taking life
Daniel Chabala
Currently Reading:

Post by Daniel Chabala »

Very impressive, inspirational and motivating
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Seems like a thought provoking book, that will live one to ponder on lot of things.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I have always thought that knowledge is power. It sounds like the author has written a very engaging story. Thank you for an informative and glowing recommendation.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I'm sure there are many lessons to be learned from this book. It's good to know that the author's writing style is appealing.

Thank you for a great review!
😊
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

I’ve never read a book like this before, so I’m interested in the advice the author has to give. I’ll have to give this one a try. Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
cholis rival
Currently Reading:

Post by cholis rival »

I'm sure there are many lessons to be learned from this book. It's good to know that the author's writing style is appealing.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure about the stress on the spiritual element, as I'm more interested in very practical suggestions, but overall this seems a book that can be useful. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I am sure the book is very instructive and inspiring. I like putting emphasis on practical application. Thanks for the good review.
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-jek.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kim Jek »

I love books with conversational tones, it makes for a good reading experience. Thanks for a splendid review.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Wow! I enjoyed reading your praises. The book really lived up to its potential. I am glad you enjoyed it. Great review!
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Oh, this sounds like a book I would enjoy! Thank you for your lovely review and recommendation.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

A fulfilled life is more than money. There is more. In chasing the paper, we should not forget the most important thing of life, happiness. Without this, that money is a complete waste of energy. Thank you for your succinct review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”