Featured Official Review of Purging to Thrive

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Featured Official Review of Purging to Thrive

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Purging to Thrive" by Dossie M. H. Terrell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Purging to Thrive by Dossie M.H. Terrell is an inspirational non-fiction book that talks about personal development and the different processes involved in actualizing it.

The first four chapters discussed crafting one’s self-assessment, finding and defining your place, identifying and tackling fear and anxiety, blasting goal busters, and taking control. In chapters five to eight, the author talked about success, differentiating and understanding who we are versus what we do, developing a new mindset, and making problem-solving plans. Decision-making, moving forward with confidence, defining our goals and objectives were examined in the last four chapters. Also, in these chapters, several testimonies from some successful individuals were referenced. Meanwhile, within the chapters, three poems discussed women, freedom, and age. Do you feel you are not living up to your expectations? Do you believe that there are more to your abilities? Grab a copy of this book to find out all you need to do to uncover the hidden talents in you.

Embedded in this book are teachings that would help in achieving incredible feats in life. The inclusion of quotes from notable individuals was inspiring, educative, and fun. Another inspiring thing was the inclusion of testimonies from other people. It did well to teach that if others can learn from the book and achieve feats, we can also. The book also contained numerous Bible verses in different chapters to solidify the author’s teaching. In terms of biblical teaching, the book is well researched. The author’s passion for God is enshrined in all the book pages.

The arrangement of the book was terrific. Dossie M.H. Terrell arranged the messages in the book in stages, from firstly crafting out the assessment of yourself to defining your goals and objectives and working on achieving them. Another part of the book that I concur with was where the author encouraged readers to set challenging goals, but they should be realistic, as many people tend to set unattainable goals in the name of thinking big. The book also teaches us to have faith in God even when our wishes are not yet met.

Overall, I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is very educative and informative. It teaches practical lessons on how to discover oneself. The most important thing that I enjoyed about the book is how the author connected all the teachings to God, the Constant Factor. Also, the book was well edited because I noticed only one grammatical error. Moreover, there is nothing to dislike about the book.

I would recommend the book to people that seek to develop their inner selves and their passion. I must say that the teaching in this book is mainly based on biblical principles. Therefore, the book may not appeal to people in other religious bodies that are not open-minded. All Christians that want to know more about God's promises are welcome to read this book.

Purging to Thrive
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

A book on personal development is one I'd love to read any time as an enthusiast of the discourse. Great review.
Yacine_Phoenix
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yacine_Phoenix »

From this resume of this book, I like the way the author search to help people to recognize themselves with some inspiring tips and habits to get themselves to improve and achieve their goals.
Tinagoldfish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Tinagoldfish »

It's a good book for inspiration to the people of what they wanna achieve in the future its a good start i honestly respect this book status personal development advice is wonderful
Lou Brane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lou-brane.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Post by Lou Brane »

Books like this can also be read by non-religious people (who are open minded) which is beneficial (also mentioned in the review) . It sounds as though readers can take perspectives from the book and implement them into their daily lives.
Maria_Kubicova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-kubicova.html
Latest Review: Tales from the Gray Area by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Maria_Kubicova »

It looks like a nice inspirational book. Great review!
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Seems like a book that will really educate individuals in developing themselves. Thanks for the beautiful review.
Nivedita BookBee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivedita-bookbee.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Nivedita BookBee »

I find inspirational books one of the best sources to learn something that's worth life changing and your review tells me that this might be one of those books.
Edr
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edr.html
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by Edr »

Finding our place in the world and feeling fulfilled is not always easy. This type of book helps to reflect and discover a better path in our life. Excellent review.
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
laodi+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laodi.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by laodi+ »

I am usually inclined towards non fiction books. If they add on success I am more than willing to read them, like this one.
shamaqbv

Post by shamaqbv »

I liked this book because it can be applied in daily life, and also everyone can read it whether he is religious or not.
Onyeka Robinson
Favorite Author: Jeff Meyer
Favorite Book: The Fourth Kinetic
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 174326

Post by Onyeka Robinson »

For me I love reading book that give me inspiration I think this book is quite OK and it has all it takes to help anyone i love this that is very good
ANIL_GUPTA

Post by ANIL_GUPTA »

From this resume of this book, I like the way the author search to help people to recognize themselves with some inspiring tips and habits to get themselves to improve and achieve their goals.
Onyeka Robinson
Favorite Author: Jeff Meyer
Favorite Book: The Fourth Kinetic
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 174326

Post by Onyeka Robinson »

Yes this book is more than a teacher because it can help someone to handle situation when it comes I love this book sincerely
Nancy Morara
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy-morara.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Nancy Morara »

Indeed this book will be of use to those seeking to develop their inner selves and their passion, based on your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”