Review of Walking the Tightrope

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of Walking the Tightrope

Post by Sanju Lali »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Walking the Tightrope" by Angel L. Gonzalez.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I am glad to introduce a real-life hero to you. When his duty calls him for a good cause to society, he is unstoppable. He is ready to risk his own life or even ready to accept the blame of insubordination from his superiors. We rarely find such a hero who may dare to take a chance of walking on a tight rope for a good cause, even when the rope is found to be partially burnt. The hero I am referring to is none other than the author of the book Walking the Tightrope by Angel L. Gonzalez. I could say all this about the author only after reading this book. Angel had shown several acts of bravado when he was serving as an agent in the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, which was a predecessor of the Drug Enforcement Administration in the U.S.A during the sixties. While working as an FBN agent, for his every move, he had to consider several rules as well as several aspects of leading a life on a moral path. What were the challenges did he faced during his duty at FBN? Read the book to know more.

The book is of short length, and it contains 231 pages, as seen on Amazon Kindle, and it is divided into twenty-nine chapters. The narrative is from the first-person perspective through the voice of the author. Angel was brought up with good moral education in a good family that had settled in Brooklyn. Angel was selected for working as an agent under FBN in New York. He played his part in the record-breaking drug seizure at that time. Life was very much uncertain for him during the tenure of his duty due to a threat to his life as well as the risk of getting fired for insubordination. Did he serve for FBN until his retirement? As the title of the book suggests, what were the tough decisions he had to take? Did he come out with bright colors? Reading the book will give you the answers.

In this book, what I liked the most is Angel’s dedication to his duty and his decision to be on the right path. It inspires the reader to always stick to the path of moral ethics. The reader can have a glimpse of what happens behind the closed walls of the Narcotics Department. This book gives us information regarding how the agents get information regarding the supply chain of the drugs from the manufacturers to the end-users by tricking the drug mafias. By considering the content part, there is nothing that I disliked in this book.

This book is actually the autobiography of the author, which focuses on his life experiences when he was an FBN agent. The readers who are interested in knowing about the life of an agent working under the law enforcement department would like this book. I recommend this book to young adults and the older audience who like to read thrilling real-life stories. There are no elements of fiction or any spicing up of the real story to make it more appealing, so the readers who are looking for a spicy read may pass over this book. I do not recommend it to the readers who get bored easily by reading any extra information, which is not of any significance to the core aspect of the story.

The title of the book indicated to me that this book should have a thrilling story. I realized that Angel's story was not only thrilling, but it was inspiring and informative as well to me. I felt that this book deserves all four stars for its good content. When I counted the number of grammatical errors for rating the book, I found they were more than ten, so I had to deduct one star for it. The errors, however, did not affect my reading pace in any way. This book needs professional editing to get all the stars. Looking at all these aspects of this book, I decided to rate the book with 3 out of 4 stars.

Walking the Tightrope
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

It's sure not an easy job to be an FBN agent. And it sounds like you said thrilling and informative. Thank you for a great review!
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

I'm not into autobiography but your review catches my attention. The cover of the novel is going with the job of an FBN agent, as it a really difficult and challenging job. Thank you for your amazing review.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

The heroism of the author is quite inspiring. I got a snippet of that from your review, but I would love to read more about that. Great review.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Does it have a trigger warning for violence, sexual content, or profanity?
The title is catchy, so I might consider reading this book.
Thank you for your review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Hiruni Hansika
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-hansika.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Hiruni Hansika »

I would love a thrilling autobiography! Also I love people who work for the betterment of the society. I'll give this a try if it is available, as you have given it a good rating.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Urvashi Tripathi wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 17:00 I'm not into autobiography but your review catches my attention. The cover of the novel is going with the job of an FBN agent, as it a really difficult and challenging job. Thank you for your amazing review.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a valuable feedback.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Hiruni Hansika wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 14:51 I would love a thrilling autobiography! Also I love people who work for the betterment of the society. I'll give this a try if it is available, as you have given it a good rating.

Thanks for your valuable feedback, the agent's story is very much heart touching and inspiring.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Dzejn_Crvena wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 21:56 Does it have a trigger warning for violence, sexual content, or profanity?
The title is catchy, so I might consider reading this book.
Thank you for your review.

The story is heart touching and inspirational, with politics in government offices with regard to ranks and favoritism, suspense and thrilling with drug smugglers. Thanks for your valuable feedback.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

El_limitless wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 00:45 The heroism of the author is quite inspiring. I got a snippet of that from your review, but I would love to read more about that. Great review.
Thanks for the valuable feedback.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a great read, I love books based on real experience :) Thank you very much for this great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an interesting book of memoirs that offers insights into the world of narcotics with food for thought about ethical and moral decisions connected to his job. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

NetMassimo wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 10:16 This seems like an interesting book of memoirs that offers insights into the world of narcotics with food for thought about ethical and moral decisions connected to his job. Thank you for your great review!
Yes true its is . Thanks for stopping by and leaving a valuable comment.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Thanks for a detailes review . It's rare to have such a person who's willing to accept responsibilities. This values are with emulating. I'd addbthis to my shelf.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like an interesting perspective that shows the real life of an agent. I am curious to discover if that was so much more different than shown by the movies. Thank you for your captivating review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”