Review of My Infinite Self

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of My Infinite Self

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Infinite Self" by Rev. Lisa Rae Brooks.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In life, we find ourselves bothered by certain things for no apparent reason. We might suddenly get irritated at someone without reason or feel extreme anger or fear when approaching a particular place. What if we're responding to something that happened in another lifetime?

Rev. Lisa Rae Brooks discovered that she was emotionally and physically impacted by certain things she didn't understand. This made her decide to find out what caused these reactions. My Infinite Self is a memoir detailing her experiences and journey to understanding her purpose. By reading this book, you gain many things, like spiritual enlightenment and healing that comes from knowing.

Reincarnation is a topic that is widely disputed. Some people believe in it, while others claim it doesn't exist. They think we only die once. Although I believe in this concept, I've received little to no helpful information on the topic, not until I read My Infinite Self. I gained a lot of insight just by reading this book.

The most significant benefit I had with this book was healing from knowing, which was explained in the book. You see, just like the author, I also have a birthmark that makes me feel embarrassed. Although not in a prominent place, it is noticeable, especially when I go swimming. I've been shamed by it and have also tried removing it to no avail. But from reading the book, I've realized that I put the mark on myself to discover myself and understand my purpose, which I plan on doing soon. I already gained healing because I've come to accept this part of me. You might not get my point until you read the book, but I promise you will feel like a load is lifted off you once you get this insight.

A favorite quote of mine by Brandon Turner says: "A book is a powerful external force that can completely knock your life off its mundane straight line and change everything about who you are." I quote this here because it relates to everything in the book. My life has been changed for the better by the book. Before reading, I never knew that I had to reconcile with my past selves to understand my purpose in life. As the author stated in the book, one of her past selves was a lonely black servant, and she chose that part to learn humility. One of the most incredible things one would do for themselves is read this book because you will learn self-discovery, which is a significant step towards success.

One endearing factor about the book is Rev. Lisa's stories of her past experiences. I believe readers who have similar experiences will get to know they are not alone and not weird. One common experience that I think most, if not all, have had is being bothered by certain unexplainable things. Rev. Lisa tries to guide the reader to find answers to these niggling questions.

Another thing I gained from reading My Infinite Self is a level of spiritual enlightenment. I also discovered a relationship between some of the different religions. We all serve the "Supreme Being." I practiced some of the meditation exercises given in the book, and the process was exhilarating.

The only issue I had with this book was the plethora of errors I found. They didn't dampen the positive effect this book had on me. However, the errors were too many to ignore. Therefore, I would give it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend the book to two groups of people. First, people who want to discover their purpose in life will deeply appreciate this book. Secondly, I'd recommend it to people who desire to gain spiritual enlightenment.

My Infinite Self
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

This book is wonderful and I am happy that it has made a positive impact on you. I, too, believe in reincarnation and with your recommendation I would surely read it. Thank you for a fascinating review!
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I am glad that you enjoyed the book. I do not believe in reincarnation and do not believe I had any prior lives. As you said, some believe and some do not. I also do not believe that we all serve the "Supreme Being." I believe in God and that is who I serve. Thank you for the insightful review.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Arnis147
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arnis147.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Arnis147 »

I have left and been deconstructing from the religion I was raised in for the past several years. I currently am very interested in religions and belief systems as anything outside of what I was raised in was forbidden to learn about except to better proselytize others. Reincarnation is something I know little about (from the perspective of those who actually believe in it), but I find it a fascinating concept. From the way you describe My Infinite Self it sounds like it's a good way to gain some understanding. The fact that it gave you what you were looking for makes more compelling.
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

Wow, what amazing review, i liked how you introduced the book, felt it, great review pal
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

Healing by knowing...It appeara to be a powerful book indeed. I can relate to those sudden outbursts of unintended emotions and I'd love to read the book. Thank you for this review.
imlalitsharma
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by imlalitsharma »

Healing by knowing...It appeara to be a powerful book indeed. I can relate to those sudden outbursts of unintended emotions and I'd love to read the book. I also do not believe that we all serve the "Supreme Being." I believe in God and that is who I serve.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

I'm into spiritual path from my childhood. I don't know why I'm too much attracted towards spiritually. My life is not going well from past 5 years but I trust my Almighty , that he will handle everything and he is still handling now. Love the way you reviewed this novel. Sure I'm gonna pick this book soon. Btw I believe in reincarnation and want to know what I was before. I'm into meditation too. I hope after reading this novel I'll get more close towards my purpose and get to know what I was before this life. Thanks !! Xoxo:)
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Finding oneself is the biggest discover ever. And books that empower spiritually are my best. Thanks for the review.
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by brooke oakes »

I love books that are about finding your purpose. This one seems even more intriguing with with added aspect of reincarnation. I’m excited to read the authors perspective on this. Thanks for the review!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting educational non-fiction book highlighting the journey one woman took to find out why she was emotionally and physically impacted by things she didn't understand. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

This book discusses 'Healing from Knowing' which sums up what we need to do to make things right in our lives.
Thanks for this amazing review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

This sounds like a book with a powerful message. I, personally don't believe in reincarnation, mainly because of the biblical Scripture Heb 9:27 which says: "And as it is appointed unto men once to die..." I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, therefore I take it at its word. I have had the deja vu moments myself, and have also wondered why some things specifically upset or frighten me but I can't get my mind around it being from a past life. You brought out some interesting thoughts to ponder on! Thanks for the excellent review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Unfortunately, I don't believe in reincarnation because it's not a biblical teaching. As a devout Christian, I base my beliefs on sound teachings from the Bible and the good book says in part..."for dust you are and to dust you will return." Gen. 3:19. However, I understand those sudden burst of emotions that sometimes happen randomly, but I wouldn't attribute it to my "past lives" as I have none. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Captive
Bookshelf Size: 608
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

This type of book, a religious memoir, is not my thing and I won't be reading it. But for anyone who enjoys this type of material, perhaps they will find it helpful and enlightening. I agree with the Official Reviewer, having read several pages, that the book needs to be professionally edited as it is full of errors. Nevertheless, congratulations to the author on BOTD.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”