Official Review: The Universal Call by Fatima El-Hindi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Official Review: The Universal Call by Fatima El-Hindi

Post by Mwatu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Universal Call" by Fatima El-Hindi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Universal Call by Fatima El-Hindi calls readers to live a life of higher consciousness by tapping into higher powers and ideals that go beyond our physical existence. Fatima taps into her knowledge of the Quran, her scientific understanding and her life experiences to do this. She posits that through meditation, observing the natural world for insights and questioning our deeply held convictions, we can overcome life’s obstacles and do so with gratitude. She shares her reasons for using the Quran as her main reference point and marries it with scientific principles. This leads to a message that is relevant to anyone open to improvement.

I loved this book for a myriad of reasons. One, the author states that the interpretations of the Quran in the book are unique, non-conventional and agree with the principles of both religion and non-religion. I was pleased to see this fulfilled as this was a key aspect that drew me to the book. I came across various self-help tenets I have seen in other self-help material, making it easier to understand the book.

Fatima accurately proved why she believes the Quran is a universal book that speaks on the human experience and our collective consciousness. The text is not preachy. When I disagreed with her, I did not feel pressured into feeling any different. The inclusion of her background and the testimonials from Nasri, Authog and Daniel asserted her authority and knowledge in the subject matter and made me respect her more. Nasri, Authog and Daniel are students at her Nas Learning Center. Nas Learning Center seeks to offer those interested in Islam a linguistic approach to the Quran that is contextualized for today’s modern world.

I loved reading how something as simple as taking a moment of reflection and gratitude before a meal and thinking about the processes that led up to that moment is a simple way to grow our tendency to be appreciative. I also loved to read about the source of humanity from the Islam perspective as this is something I had not exposed myself to before. The book is short, and the ideas shared flow chronologically. The text is well edited, as I only found one error.

I found nothing to dislike about the book. For this reason, I rate the book 4 out of 4. I recommend this book to anyone interested in self-help material. You are sure to pick up various lessons you can implement in your daily life, irrespective of your religion.

The Universal Call
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

A book that doesn't preach but tells the universal message of appreciation and love. It sounds good. It is always good to learn and be grateful and this book feels pleasant. Thank you for a positive review!
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Sounds great, I love that it's not preachy. I'm intrigued about where the author is from because Fatima is a typical Portuguese name. Thanks for the wonderful review.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I like the fact that the author promotes the idea of being appreciative because we tend to take so much for granted everyday. It is such a popular yet underrated concept.

Thank you for an excellent review.
:tiphat:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Shrashti_04
Favorite Book: Finding James
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Shrashti_04 »

I would like to the scientific understanding and want to know how Quran is a universal book. Thank you for this wonderful review!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Personally, I'd like to tap into a higher power and be conscious of all my surroundings. I'm definitely open to learning how one can achieve that. Beautifully written review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It seems like an interesting book. Thanks for the reading recommendation.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

Love is universal, and that is what this book wants to tell us. Great review!
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Seems like a book that educates an individual on what Quran really entails. Thanks for the excellent review.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I haven't read anything related to Quran, so this might help me understand more about it.
Thank you for your review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

I've never found meditation very useful for myself, but I love that this author could rationally communicate how she has found benefit in it and her belief system without invoking pressure on the reader. Thanks for your review.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

Kavita Shah wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 11:50 A book that doesn't preach but tells the universal message of appreciation and love. It sounds good. It is always good to learn and be grateful and this book feels pleasant. Thank you for a positive review!
Yes, it is. Thank you for stopping by!
MarianaFigueira wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 20:53 Sounds great, I love that it's not preachy. I'm intrigued about where the author is from because Fatima is a typical Portuguese name. Thanks for the wonderful review.
The author is a native of Algeria living in the US. Thank you for reading through!
Josephe-Anne wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 21:35 I like the fact that the author promotes the idea of being appreciative because we tend to take so much for granted everyday. It is such a popular yet underrated concept.

Thank you for an excellent review.
:tiphat:
The author especially had some hard times when she initially moved to the US and being appreciative also allowed her to experience a few miracles. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Shrashti_04 wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 05:26 I would like to the scientific understanding and want to know how Quran is a universal book. Thank you for this wonderful review!
Thank you for reading through. I hope you enjoy the read!
Nqobile771 wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 08:47 Personally, I'd like to tap into a higher power and be conscious of all my surroundings. I'm definitely open to learning how one can achieve that. Beautifully written review!
Thank you very much for stopping by and I pray you are able to achieve that.
markodim721 wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 10:40 It seems like an interesting book. Thanks for the reading recommendation.
Thank you for reading my review!
TheMazeRunner wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 08:44 Love is universal, and that is what this book wants to tell us. Great review!
Indeed it is. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Mercy Osmond wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 17:06 Seems like a book that educates an individual on what Quran really entails. Thanks for the excellent review.
And in an interesting way too. Thank you for reading through!
Dzejn_Crvena wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 18:55 I haven't read anything related to Quran, so this might help me understand more about it.
Thank you for your review.
Its a good way to dip your toes. Thanks for stopping by!
Jagiine wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 19:17 I've never found meditation very useful for myself, but I love that this author could rationally communicate how she has found benefit in it and her belief system without invoking pressure on the reader. Thanks for your review.
I was happy to see that she achieved what she set out to do. Providing the insights in this book to both those ascribing to religious views and those that do not. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like this book aims to promote some healthy habits for body and mind. Thank you for this enlightening review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

This sounds lovely honestly. I do know some information about the Quran, so I think I'll be able to comprehend what's written, Thank you for the beautifully written review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I applaud any book that can help readers tap into the higher levels of consciousness that exist beyond our physical soul forms. Doing it through guided, meditative insights and dream manifestations is a healthy approach to lifelong betterment for all. Thanks for an awesome review! 🌌

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”