Official Review: The Universal Call by Fatima El-Hindi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mwatu
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: The Universal Call by Fatima El-Hindi

Official Review: The Universal Call by Fatima El-Hindi

Post by Mwatu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Universal Call" by Fatima El-Hindi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Universal Call by Fatima El-Hindi calls readers to live a life of higher consciousness by tapping into higher powers and ideals that go beyond our physical existence. Fatima taps into her knowledge of the Quran, her scientific understanding and her life experiences to do this. She posits that through meditation, observing the natural world for insights and questioning our deeply held convictions, we can overcome life’s obstacles and do so with gratitude. She shares her reasons for using the Quran as her main reference point and marries it with scientific principles. This leads to a message that is relevant to anyone open to improvement.

I loved this book for a myriad of reasons. One, the author states that the interpretations of the Quran in the book are unique, non-conventional and agree with the principles of both religion and non-religion. I was pleased to see this fulfilled as this was a key aspect that drew me to the book. I came across various self-help tenets I have seen in other self-help material, making it easier to understand the book.

Fatima accurately proved why she believes the Quran is a universal book that speaks on the human experience and our collective consciousness. The text is not preachy. When I disagreed with her, I did not feel pressured into feeling any different. The inclusion of her background and the testimonials from Nasri, Authog and Daniel asserted her authority and knowledge in the subject matter and made me respect her more. Nasri, Authog and Daniel are students at her Nas Learning Center. Nas Learning Center seeks to offer those interested in Islam a linguistic approach to the Quran that is contextualized for today’s modern world.

I loved reading how something as simple as taking a moment of reflection and gratitude before a meal and thinking about the processes that led up to that moment is a simple way to grow our tendency to be appreciative. I also loved to read about the source of humanity from the Islam perspective as this is something I had not exposed myself to before. The book is short, and the ideas shared flow chronologically. The text is well edited, as I only found one error.

I found nothing to dislike about the book. For this reason, I rate the book 4 out of 4. I recommend this book to anyone interested in self-help material. You are sure to pick up various lessons you can implement in your daily life, irrespective of your religion.

The Universal Call
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: The Tales of Little Lady M by Diego Di Mauro

Post by Kavita Shah »

A book that doesn't preach but tells the universal message of appreciation and love. It sounds good. It is always good to learn and be grateful and this book feels pleasant. Thank you for a positive review!
MarianaFigueira
2021 Reading Goal: 200
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: Nikki Armstrong, Measure of a Woman by Vinny Green

Post by MarianaFigueira »

Sounds great, I love that it's not preachy. I'm intrigued about where the author is from because Fatima is a typical Portuguese name. Thanks for the wonderful review.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Josephe-Anne
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading: The Biblical Clock
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: A Sliver of a Chance by Brian Sankarsingh
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I like the fact that the author promotes the idea of being appreciative because we tend to take so much for granted everyday. It is such a popular yet underrated concept.

Thank you for an excellent review.
:tiphat:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Shrashti_04
Favorite Book: Finding James
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Shrashti_04 »

I would like to the scientific understanding and want to know how Quran is a universal book. Thank you for this wonderful review!
Nqobile771
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Dancing for the King by Selinah Ntuli

Post by Nqobile771 »

Personally, I'd like to tap into a higher power and be conscious of all my surroundings. I'm definitely open to learning how one can achieve that. Beautifully written review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”