Official Review: Of Human Being by Orla Ryan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresam.html
Latest Review: Of Human Being by Orla Ryan

Official Review: Of Human Being by Orla Ryan

Post by Theresam »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Of Human Being" by Orla Ryan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Of Human Being: An A to Z of the Power and Art of Human Being by Orla Ryan is a non-fiction book that provides a wealth of advice on a wide range of topics. The goal of this book is to help readers find meaning and purpose in their lives. The author provides practical advice and guides readers to discover ways to improve their outlooks and mental health. The book is divided into six parts and each part focuses on ways we can improve our lives.

Each of the twenty-six chapters in the book focuses on an aspect of life that needs attention. Each chapter begins with an inspirational quote that identifies the subject of that specific chapter. The quotes range from Marcus Aurelius to Bob Dylan and are thought-provoking. One of the topics covered by the book is the power of desire. Desire can lie dormant for years because we are too busy to focus on what we really want. The author stresses the importance of visualization and affirmation. By incorporating these methods, we can become more creative and block doubt. Orla Ryan describes the necessity of developing a plan to achieve our goals. As part of our plan, we need to identify how we spend our time and reflect on what works for us and what doesn’t.

I enjoyed reading this book. The advice provided by Ryan is practical and will assist many readers in achieving their goals. She has the unique ability to identify common obstacles that readers can identify and overcome. As I read the book, I related to several of the issues she identified and felt that her reasoning and advice were extremely helpful. For example, I especially identified with her recommendation to live in the present moment. Stress from work and family can prevent us from living in the present moment. The author recommended incorporating mental stillness into our lives to assist with relaxation and coping with stress. By sitting in stillness and silencing the mind, we can overcome our stressful lives. This benefits us emotionally and physically. This was my favorite part of the book. She recognizes that this is a common issue with people and provides practical advice to address it. I intend to incorporate her recommendation when I am experiencing times of stress.

The chapters are short and easy to understand. The topics of each chapter will make readers think about positive changes they can make in their own lives. Whether you have an interest in achieving goals or improving your physical and emotional status, you can benefit from this book. Since the topics are clearly identified by the chapter titles, readers can focus on the chapters that can benefit them the most.

Although I enjoyed reading this book, there were many grammar and punctuation errors. This was the only negative aspect that I could identify. For that reason, I am unable to give it a perfect score. Therefore, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to anyone interested in achieving their goals and improving their lives. The book helps readers to identify issues they may be having and address them in a positive way.

Of Human Being
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”