Review by Kim Jek -- Hope Rises by Dr. Randy Ross

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-jek.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review by Kim Jek -- Hope Rises by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Kim Jek »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Hope Rises" by Dr. Randy Ross.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We live in a world where nothing is certain. The economy is constantly dwindling and this has affected many lives. Hope Rises by Dr. Randy Ross is a timely book in view of the current world situation. In the opening part of the book, the author talks about the emotional and psychological effects of the COVID-19, why there is a wide range of reactions to the pandemic, how situations like this can reveal our values, and the best way to win the pandemic.

Hope Rises did not only focus on the pandemic, it also thoroughly explains how hope can help us in different difficult situations. The author explains the importance of some vital qualities. For example, he explains how gratitude can make those battling with depression and suicidal thoughts see the bigger picture and how hope can help terminally ill patients find joy in everyday life, despite pain and sadness. He also discusses how humility and honesty can help in marriages and how leaders in companies can deal with inevitable disappointments in the world of commerce.

This book appealed to me immensely. I love the balanced and realistic view of the author. For instance, he discussed the importance of hope in achieving one's goal but also pointed out that others rose to the top not because of hope, but because of finding themselves at the right place at the right time.

I also love how the author used questions effectively. The questions were thought provoking and can help readers arrive at the right conclusion. Furthermore, the illustrations and examples used in the book were awesome. These illustrations are simple but powerful. They helped me have a deeper understanding of hope. This is my most favorite aspect of the book. I was always looking forward to the next illustration.

Another interesting feature of this book is the inclusion of life stories. I love how the author draws moral lessons from the stories. The book also contains boxes that highlight the main point. They helped me retain the main points while reading the book. The author's skill as a writer is flawless.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I have no dislike about the book. It was exceptionally well edited. However, religiously sensitive readers should note that the book contains religious sentiments at some point. I recommend this book for all who wish to have a better outlook on life and also to those battling with depression and those who are terminally ill.

Hope Rises
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”