Official Review: Wow God by Cheryl Wilson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: The Amazing Bees by yoel silber

Official Review: Wow God by Cheryl Wilson

Post by Nickolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wow God" by Cheryl Wilson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wow, God by Cheryl Wilson is the author's memoir about the miracles God has done in her life, as well as in the lives of her loved ones. The author writes in an informal and simple way, sharing her experiences in an interesting and unique manner.

The author begins by writing about her miraculous healing when she was four months old, as doctors said she would be crippled all her life, but she was able to walk perfectly well. She continues by talking about surviving a terrible car accident when she was eighteen years of age. Her sister ended up not going with her in the car that day, but if she had been in the car, she would have probably died. Also, she remembers her marriage with her high-school sweetheart, Rob, and the family of a daughter and a son they made together. Also, the author talks about some of the miracles God has done for her husband, such as saving him when he was cutting with the sawmill, and he almost cut himself. She also recalls a horrible accident he had with his tractor that would have easily led to his death had it not been for God’s intervention.

I found many positive elements in this memoir. More analytically, the author described her life and her emotions in an engaging and interesting way. She was able to make the reader feel part of the story and convey her feelings in a dramatic and lively manner. Moreover, the author structured the memoir logically and rationally since the chapters were organized chronologically, letting the reader easily understand the text. What I liked most about this book is that the writer inspired the readers through the Bible verses and the encouraging memories she shared.

What I disliked most about the text was that there were several errors in the memoir, so the book would benefit from further proofreading.

This book will be mainly liked by Christian readers who enjoy memoirs. Readers who have experienced cancer themselves or have had family and friends suffer from cancer will find the author’s story very relatable. Christian readers will prefer this book because the author includes Bible verses in the text, while she also discusses going on mission trips with her husband to spread the Christian message.

In summary, I award this book 3 out of 4 stars. I wanted to give it a perfect score, but the grammar errors slightly spoiled it. Other than this, the book was interesting, original, and inspiring.

Wow God
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”