Official Review: Go Set A Watchman! by Thomas Greaves

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Official Review: Go Set A Watchman! by Thomas Greaves

Post by Beatus »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Go Set A Watchman!" by Thomas Greaves.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Go Set A Watchman! by Thomas Greaves is a book about the journey of self-discovery and the will to serve God. It is a book for believers that have deeply immersed themselves in the spiritual life and are eager to know and join in the fight between good and evil. The author started by detailing his spiritual journey from a tender age while living in Upstate New York. Greaves loves and believes in Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Greaves served in the US Air force’s Special Operations Command, maintaining and operating night vision systems. His military career took him to South Korea at Osan Air Base before transferring to Charleston, South Carolina.

While undergoing training to have a career in the military, Mr. Greaves was also undergoing training to become a warrior of God. He developed such profound skills and gained a unique insight into the spiritual realm, particularly in spiritual warfare. He learned how to use the shofar trumpet, which is one of the most powerful spiritual weapons. With his military mindset, Mr. Greaves sought to fight evil in a way that an average, everyday Christian would not understand. He had immersed himself in faith that he literally took instructions from the spirit world. He traveled to Jerusalem and blew his trumpet as a sign of God’s glory, warding off evil and blessing God’s people with so much conviction.

I loved the book because of the style the author used to tell his story. The story flows gently, accompanied by intelligently placed quotes from the Bible to prove or explain meanings and concepts. The author also threw in plenty of miracle-like situations and a love story made in heaven. As a Christian, this book made me think deeper about my faith in Jesus and gave me a perspective on my spiritual status. It may seem like a religious book, but it may also be a personal story about a quest to fight on the side of God against Satan. The uniqueness of the story itself, the encounters, and experiences came through as a one-of-a-kind autobiography.

I rate Go Set A Watchman! by Thomas Greaves 4 out of 4 stars. Although I found a few errors, I still liked how the author arranged the flow of thought throughout the book. The mistakes I encountered did not affect the quality of the narrative at all, proving that professional editors were engaged. Christians and those intrigued by warfare in the spiritual realms will find Mr. Greaves’s story fascinating. Nonreligious readers and religious extremists may skip this book.

I learned a lot about the power of prayer and trusting in God’s timing. It is the fundamental element if you are to have peace of mind.

Go Set A Watchman!
View: on Bookshelves
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

Wow. This looks like an interesting book. It's been a while since I had a fresh perspective on prayer. I loved your review. Thank you for it.
Nelson Camaligan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nelson Camaligan »

I want to read book like this, so interestinh content, thank you for the author.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner by Dawn Raynes
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

I'm surprised at the title as Go Set A Watchman is Harper Lee's alternative version of To Kill A Mocking BIrd. This does sound like an interesting story of faith. Your review reminds of some of the spiritual warfare presented by CS Lewis.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

A journey of self-discovery and the will to serve God is a path many people are on. This book will definitely to very helpful to them. I love the review.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This sounds like an inspiring read. It is interesting to note the author’s core warrior persona, both in the physical and spiritual realms. Thank you for a great review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”