Official Review: Memoirs In The Moment by Dedoceo Habi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: Memoirs In The Moment by Dedoceo Habi

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Memoirs In The Moment" by Dedoceo Habi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We try so hard to achieve our goals and maintain healthy relationships, but sometimes they seem hard to accomplish. Have you ever thought that it could be due to PTSD? Most times, we are even ignorant of it or have failed to accept it. The author's story will help readers get help and lead an enjoyable life.

Memoirs In The Moment: The Daily Walk With PTSD by Dedoceo Habi seeks to inspire readers through the author's story. Dedoceo Habi recounts his journey from his childhood and the attachment he had with his mum. He was born in Savannah, Georgia, and coming from a poor background made him optimistic because he needed to change the narrative. At the age of seventeen, he joined the United States Marine Corps. In the course of service, he was called to go on a "Med Cruise" in Beirut. There, something tragic and traumatic happened, and it drained him mentally and emotionally. And that event marked the beginning of his nightmares. As a result, he got discharged from the Corps. He experienced failed marriages and relationships, and he also couldn't hold down jobs. The question is, what was it he experienced that is on the verge of ruining his life, career, and beliefs? You should hear from the author.

Honestly, I must commend the author for his sincerity and transparency in sharing his story. And he intends to give hope to his readers who are suffering from PTSD and make them see that they aren't alone in it. I admired the author's intelligence and how detailed his story was. The amount of detail in this book is incredible and with much clarity. Using the first-person perspective made the narrations engaging, relatable, and seamless. I was immersed in his life experiences, and I got emotional at some point because the disappointments seemed too much for one person. Despite that, he refused to give up. That is the spirit of a survivor, and it's worth emulating. It got to a point where I wished I could advise him to quit trying on relationships since it wasn't working for him.

In addition, there are lots of lessons in this book. The author made us understand that the first step to healing is to accept that there is a problem that needs urgent attention. Then reach out and speak to a mental health practitioner earlier to curb damages and disappointments. I appreciate the author's message that consulting a therapist is not a sign of weakness. Readers would also learn how to manage PTSD by controlling the negative thoughts that could creep in even after treatment.

What I like most about this book are the pictures and dates of events recorded at the beginning of every chapter. They helped me connect to the author and his story deeply. I also liked that the author finally agreed to get help from therapy, which brought hope to his hopeless situation.

Furthermore, this 171-page book is concise, making it an easy read. Readers will appreciate the author's writing style, as it is simple, engaging, and straightforward. To conclude, the book was well-written, easy to assimilate, and worthwhile. I found nothing to dislike in this book. Interestingly, the book was exceptionally edited, and I didn't encounter any grammatical errors throughout my read. Hence, I am happy to give Memoirs In The Moment: The Daily Walk With PTSD a well-deserved 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy memoirs, especially those who have experienced twists and turns in their lives and find it difficult to make headway due to trauma.

Memoirs In The Moment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I'm curious to know what halted the author's promising career, and I'm glad that he shares his personal experience to uplift those suffering from PTSD.
Pallavi Lakra
Currently Reading: Apotheosis Now
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Pallavi Lakra »

Memoirs always provide with a deep learning. Thanks for the review!
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

It is encouraging to note that the proposed methods towards healing from PTSD actually worked for the author. Thank you for your engaging review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

I've always wanted to read and learn about PTSD. I think this is my opportunity. Interesting review.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

PTSD is more common that we think, and many people are suffering from this affection. Thank you for this inspiring review!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Memoirs are so enlightening when we learn about the things people have dealt with in their lives. Finding a therapist and learning to control negative thoughts were wise steps to help Dedoceo handle his past. You did a great job of intriguing us about what it was that happened to cause the PTSD! Great writing!
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Wow. PTSD is serious. I am glad he agreed to go to therapy. I hope it helped.
Thanks for a detailed, intriguing review!
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I read many books on PTSD, be it memoirs or novels.
This book will help readers to cope with it.
I will recommend it to my friends who can relate to the author's story.
Thanks for the review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

PTSD is a real threat to many. This book will prove to be a valuable aid. Thanks for a detailed review.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

We are very much exposed to a lot of things that directly and indirectly affect our mental health. PTSD can go undiagnosed for a while and books like these can help readers to introspect. Thanks for an insightful review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the author gives readers optimism within realistic limits. Thanks for the reading recommendation.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I'm glad the author was able to find help with his problem. His message that it is okay to ask for assistance is a good one. I hope this book inspires others to do the same. Thanks for your wonderful and informative review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I’m glad the author is so forthcoming and vulnerable with his story. It’s so important to be reminded of peoples experiences and how it impacts their lives. Thanks for the great review
Tonikun2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonikun2020.html
Latest Review: Everyone Needs a Companion by Jerry A Greenberg

Post by Tonikun2020 »

This book is quite educational and informative. Ptsd is very traumatic and can cause depression. Thanks for a well detailed review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”