Official Review: Faith by TK Simpson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cazrichmond
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cazrichmond.html
Latest Review: Life, Liberty and Injustice by Khadijah Tiya Muhammad

Official Review: Faith by TK Simpson

Post by Cazrichmond »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Faith" by TK Simpson.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Faith is a fictional novel written by T.K. Simpson. The story is about the power of love and its strength against any obstacle. The book also explores how love can blind you when it comes to unsavoury aspects of someone’s life.

Faith is the lead character in this book. She is one of three siblings. Faith’s father lost his life on active duty, leaving her mother heartbroken and dependent on alcohol. The family lost their home and had to move to subsidised housing. Rick, Faith’s older brother, took on the duty of looking after his family. He took on any odd job for cash and occasionally swept the floors of a local barbershop. A confident and respected young man, called Talon, caught Rick’s attention here, and they soon became partners and brothers.

The book begins with Rick serving time in prison and Faith desperately missing him. She makes poor decisions with men and relies on her best friend, Unique, and her mother, grandparents, and younger brother Joshua for support. She begins to bump into Talon in various locations and can’t deny the obvious chemistry. Connections unfold, and Faith learns many revelations about her brother and his friend Talon.

The book is fast-moving with dominant characters. Their backstories are intriguing, and their lives are extreme. Crime, drug use, violence, and sexual content are frequent within the book, and there is a plethora of profanities and ethnic slurs. Because of these issues, I felt the characters to be somewhat unlikable. Their conversations with one another are aggressive and crude. I understand that this emphasised the character’s lifestyles, but it made it difficult to feel empathy for them.

The story is straightforward with not much to it. I felt underwhelmed by the ending and thought there would be more of a conclusion. With the crime aspects of the book, I expected there to be more excitement and action. A lot of the book composed of conversation between characters and them partaking in everyday activities. I did enjoy Faith’s close family and the love between them. She also had a long relationship with her best friend, Unique, which was a nice touch.

There are erotic scenes in the book which raise the entertainment if you appreciate this type of material. They add some passion and excitement to the book, which I think helps the mediocre storyline. The book is only suitable for adults who are not offended by adult material.

I didn’t find any spelling or grammar errors in the book, so I believe it is exceptionally edited. The book lacked a gripping storyline with likeable characters, and the ending was disappointing. It did have some entertaining parts, and the story of Faith’s family was interesting to read, as well as the underlying love story. With all things considered, I rate the book 2 out of 4 stars. It’s a quick read for adults who enjoy adult themes and a simple story.

Faith
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”