Official Review: Fostering Energy by Kyle Pleasant LMT

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Booklover Becca
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover-becca.html
Latest Review: Possible by William H. Barr

Official Review: Fostering Energy by Kyle Pleasant LMT

Post by Booklover Becca »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fostering Energy" by Kyle Pleasant LMT.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fostering Energy is an uplifting book written by Kyle Pleasant LMT, a legally blind massage therapist. Pleasant discusses the energy that is in everything and all around us. We are energy and we have the ability and the responsibility to change any negative energy we put out into positive energy.

This book is divided into three main sections: “discover your value”, “cherishing your energy”, and “applying your wisdom”. Within these, Pleasant strives to make the audience understand that each one of us matters and has value and that there is power in our thoughts and words. Pleasant details ways to boost our physical health along with our mental and spiritual health as they all tie in together. Throughout this, the author describes his own journey with navigating life while being legally blind in a time when people did not know how to treat him and how he pushed himself to grow and find his passion. He leaves us with a note to not simply be inspired, but to strive to be inspiring to others.

What I loved about this book was right from the beginning I could feel Pleasant’s excitement in what he was writing. His words feel genuine, and the tone of the book is one of the most positive and inspiring ones I have read. Pleasant does a wonderful job encouraging the readers to see themselves in a positive light. The fact that he pulls from his own experience of being legally blind his entire life proves that these are not simply words to him. He truly believes in the power of our own energy.

I particularly liked his description of negative feelings like anger. He says they are like a puzzle for us to solve so we can figure out what triggered our anger and learn to better deal with it. He encourages readers to find out what they like to do, and then fully commit to it despite other peoples’ opinions or negative comments. When we live only to please others, we always end up disappointed.

Unfortunately, there were also moments that I disliked. The third section of the book breaks up into various types of health and Pleasant goes into too many details and specifics regarding physical health especially. Pleasant spends several pages breaking down the types of nutrition into protein, carbs, fats, etc. along with listing types of exercise and the difference between aerobic and anaerobic. I understand the importance of taking care of the physical body for the sake of mental health and positive energy, but this part felt out of place and seemed to drag on too long.

I do not believe this book was professionally edited because I found more than ten typos throughout the pages. These errors also included missing words or strange phrasing that sometimes made the sentences difficult to understand. For instance, in a bullet point on page 99 about working to be who we want to be, Pleasant writes “is this vacation go into the heading I want it to?”

Overall, I rate this book three out of four stars. I took away one star for the multiple errors and strange wording, but I don’t believe the extensive descriptions of nutrients should be cause to remove another star.

I recommend this book to any reader looking for some positive encouragement. There are no inappropriate descriptions or words. Pleasant is clearly excited about his ideas and what he has learned in his life and wants to share it. I believe his message will be beneficial to everyone with a desire to become their best selves.

Fostering Energy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Sunshine at the Academy
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Escapement by Tim Powell

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like an interesting book. I love that the author has such an excitement about the subject. That can make a big difference in enjoying the book. Thanks.
Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable.
-Louisa May Alcott
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:

kandscreeley wrote: 18 May 2021, 08:10 This sounds like an interesting book. I love that the author has such an excitement about the subject. That can make a big difference in enjoying the book. Thanks.
I completely agree. His passion for the subject really added to it. Thanks for stopping by
Kavita Shah
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kavita Shah »

Changing the negative into the positive energy is something everyone wishes to do. This book sounds great and I also like that it talks about physical aspects related to mental health. Thank you for your honest review!
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:

Kavita Shah wrote: 18 May 2021, 11:20 Changing the negative into the positive energy is something everyone wishes to do. This book sounds great and I also like that it talks about physical aspects related to mental health. Thank you for your honest review!
I agree. I loved that he wants people to understand it’s not only about emotions, but take care of your body too. Thanks for the comment
Nicholus Schroeder
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholus-schroeder.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nicholus Schroeder »

This book would do a lot of good for people in these troubling times. Some upliftment (did I just create a new word?) will do us all some good.

Awesome review and incredibly detailed, thanks👏
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:

Nicholus Schroeder wrote: 18 May 2021, 21:22 This book would do a lot of good for people in these troubling times. Some upliftment (did I just create a new word?) will do us all some good.

Awesome review and incredibly detailed, thanks👏
I completely agree! I’m not sure if you created a new word, but if you did, I love it!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: At the Chameleon, Turn by Victoria Carisimo

Post by Prisallen »

This book sounds very inspiring; we need to be reminded that the negative energy we put off can affect others as well as ourselves. Thanks for an amazing review!
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:

Prisallen wrote: 19 May 2021, 13:51 This book sounds very inspiring; we need to be reminded that the negative energy we put off can affect others as well as ourselves. Thanks for an amazing review!
Yes! And it can also affect us physically. Thanks for stopping by
PeterRabitt20
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Absence of a Present Father by Vanessa Wren

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

It's amazing that the author surmounted so many life obstacles. I already feel uplifted just by his inspiration, so I'm sure his book is good as well. Thanks for the uplifting review!
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:

PeterRabitt20 wrote: 19 May 2021, 22:18 It's amazing that the author surmounted so many life obstacles. I already feel uplifted just by his inspiration, so I'm sure his book is good as well. Thanks for the uplifting review!
I agree, if nothing else I’m encouraged by his own experiences. Thanks for stopping by

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”