Official Review: Effective R.U.L.E. by satish shitut

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kalgaonkarsnehal
Favorite Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Favorite Book: Wish You Well
Currently Reading: Connect the Dots
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalgaonkarsnehal.html
Latest Review: Effective R.U.L.E. by satish shitut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 15638

Official Review: Effective R.U.L.E. by satish shitut

Post by kalgaonkarsnehal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Effective R.U.L.E." by satish shitut.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Satish Shitut wrote Effective R.U.L.E. during the COVID lockdown in 2020. The book gives guidelines on how to live life in the most effective manner. This book is inspired by the author's grandmother 'Tai'. She organically followed these guidelines, making her loved and respected by family, friends, and colleagues.

Satish has written the book in three parts. In the first two parts, Satish briefly touches upon how Tai singlehandedly overcame challenges and gained the respect of family and co-workers. He explains how R.U.L.E expands to Respect, Understand, Love, and Evolve. These words may appear random when you read them out of context, but they are explained very well in the book. In the third part of the book, he delves deeper into how to effectively and practically apply the R.U.L.E keywords- Respect, Understanding, Love, Evolve using simple tools and methods in various facets of your life.

As per the book, there are four aspects of one's existence- body, mind, soul, and spirit. The author maintains one needs to balance physical, mental, financial, and spiritual growth to live life effectively. He shares various examples and scenarios explaining how to apply 'R.U.L.E' across all fractals. He admits that this is a long process and may take years of practice and conscious assessment.

The book is written in a very conversational style. While this writing style may seem unconventional and casual to many, it invites the reader to understand the author's flow of thoughts. There are also many Indian colloquial references in the book, which some readers may find difficult to understand. However, a simple google search should help set the context for most such terms. Once I made peace with the over-easy style of writing, I started enjoying the flow of the book. I even have a few takeaways that I plan to implement in my own life.

I liked the practical manner in which the book addresses the complex topic of enhancing the quality of your life. While the book starts on a very subjective note, many concrete pointers are easy to understand and practice. I liked how the author urges readers to use familiar tools like SWOT analysis to help achieve new insights.

While I didn't dislike anything particular in the book, it would have been nice for the author to have shared some of his own real-life experiences trying to apply R.U.L.E principles. Most of what he has written is theoretical and ideal and may come across as preachy to some readers. Since I am aware of the Indian pop culture references, I didn't find the book difficult. However, I am curious to know how one with no such context would understand some parts of the book. It also took me a little effort to ignore the casual, conversational manner of writing.

Grammar enthusiasts may find the writing style a bit distracting. However, if you focus on the main message of the book, you may even end up liking it. There are no disturbing scenes or inappropriate language used, making it an appropriate read for readers of all ages interested in self-improvement. I would recommend another round of professional editing to manage punctuation mistakes, very long sentences, and specific regional references. It will help a larger audience to benefit from this book.

I loved the book. However, since I took considerable effort to ignore the writing style and only focus on the message, I rate this book two out of four stars.

Effective R.U.L.E.
View: on Bookshelves
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” ― Isaac Asimov :techie-studyinggray: :D
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

A clear and candid review. A wonderful support for many people who are facing challenges during this period. I would love to read it.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I, too, prefer examples of personal experiences when it comes to self-help books of advice on how to live. Thanks for the insightful review
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I was very disappointed that the author did not share some personal experiences.
kalgaonkarsnehal

Kanchan Sharma wrote: 19 May 2021, 08:27 A clear and candid review. A wonderful support for many people who are facing challenges during this period. I would love to read it.
That's right ! It's a great book. I would surely recommend it! Thanks for reading my review and stopping by to comment !
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” ― Isaac Asimov :techie-studyinggray: :D
kalgaonkarsnehal

Booklover Becca wrote: 20 May 2021, 12:45 I, too, prefer examples of personal experiences when it comes to self-help books of advice on how to live. Thanks for the insightful review
Yes, that's right. However, he has included instances from other's life to highlight the rules. The book is very simple to read and understand. If you're looking for something in this genre would surely recommend.
kalgaonkarsnehal

markodim721 wrote: 25 May 2021, 15:41 I was very disappointed that the author did not share some personal experiences.
He has shared some examples in the lockdown chapter. However I was hoping for more autobiographical examples for RULE implementation. On how he struggled and overcame the struggles in implementing these principles. However he delivers in a lot of areas like simple tools to enhance the quality and experience of day to day life. If you're looking for something to read, don't let the lack of autobiographical examples hold you back !
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I am not familiar with Indian pop culture, so even with my good friend Google, I think I may miss some of the author’s points. The R.U.L.E approach sounds balanced, and I can definitely see how applying this fully would be a lifelong endeavor. Thank you for an excellent review! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”