Official Review: Storms and Rainbows by Erica Munoz Padron

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Official Review: Storms and Rainbows by Erica Munoz Padron

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Storms and Rainbows" by Erica Munoz Padron.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Storms and Rainbows by Erica Munoz Padron is a Christian non-fiction book with inspirational messages about dealing with life's challenges. The book is divided into fifteen short chapters that are easy to read. The author explores various topical themes such as friendship, marriage, guilt, infidelity, forgiveness, and prayer.

The author writes with refreshing frankness and bluntness in simple English and in a conversational manner that is easy to understand. As I read the book, I felt as if the author may have been dictating the book into an audio format. I could almost 'hear' her voice. The book is a memoir because the author shares some vital and painful experiences she had in the past. It, however, also contains a lot of Bible verses and inspirational quotes that I think readers will enjoy. I respect the author for sharing her past mistakes and how she overcame them with readers. From the author's tone, it is evident that she deeply loves God and is passionate about the themes she explored.

There were several quotes in the book that I liked. I couldn't pick a favorite quote. I found my first favorite quote in the introduction: "Some days are going to be dark, gloomy and stormy, and others are going to be beautiful and colorful like a rainbow." Examples of other quotes that I like are:" Stop worrying about what God is already working on" and "Prioritize being happy and if you have to, remind yourself who and what a badass you are."

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It is the type of book I recommend that readers keep handy and repeatedly read over time. It will make an excellent addition to school and church libraries and can be used as a conversation starter for teenagers attending Bible studies in churches. The additional blank pages with questions at the top are an excellent tool for discussions about the book. There was nothing to dislike about this book.

Despite an extensive search for grammatical and typographical errors, I could only identify three non-distracting errors. A final round of professional editing could have picked up these errors. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of the errors I found. I hope that the author can correct these errors because this self-help book deserves four stars.

Storms and Rainbows
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

The book sounds like a nother great read for the Christendom. I like it that the author writes in a conversational manner that is easy to understand. Sharing her story is another plus to this book. I definitely read this. Thanks for this incredible review.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

Wow this an amazing book , it a must read for, it does not only entertain but also brings you closer to God.
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Mercy119
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I like that the author seeks to inspire readers through her experiences. The quotes you shared are uplifting and will be ingrained in the minds of readers.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The title has a lovely way of encapsulating life experiences. The gloom of the storms and the colors of the rainbows make them more meaningful. Thanks for the insights.
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

I am always interested in reading an inspirational book. I am looking forward to read it.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I commend the author for being so vulnerable and drawing on her own experiences. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”