Official Review: Dear Hunter, by Matthew DiGeronimo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Official Review: Dear Hunter, by Matthew DiGeronimo

Post by Fazzier »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dear Hunter," by Matthew DiGeronimo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dear Hunter: Letters from Father to Son is a series of letters written by Matthew DiGeronimo to his son, Hunter. The author, who has served in the United States Navy and different capacities in the corporate world, uses this book to pass on his wisdom and experiences to his now less-than-three-year-old son. These thoughtful letters are intended to guide Hunter during his life journey, and they cover a range of topics, extending to various spheres of life. I was glad to realize that this deep, engaging, and heartfelt communication from father to son left out nothing that Hunter will require in different stages of his life – it touched on all the areas I could think of as important. Some of the topics covered include careers, relationships, and habits, among other equally critical aspects of one's life, such as financial literacy and mental health. It didn't take me long to realize I would love this book and love it I did.

Dear Hunter radiates fatherly love, and I liked how it was exquisitely executed. The author’s use of interesting analogies and relevant examples to solidify his advice is outstanding. The examples incorporated stem from his life experiences, and they enlivened these invaluable, insightful life lessons. I also loved the author's honesty in tackling some of the issues that require a parent to have so much courage to share them with his or her child. Matthew allows his son, Hunter, to learn that he is also human, a person with flaws and who has also had his share of hard lessons from the indiscriminate school of life. I found that vulnerability worth mentioning, as it made this work realistic and more relatable. The fact that the author also used this chance to provide Hunter with various decision-making criteria, without imposing any of them on him, made this book even more realistic. The approach made this book a practical, well-balanced piece of advice, as good advice is not imposed but one that grants the receiver some autonomy of coming up with their own decisions. Moreover, the relevant, well-selected in-text quotes the author used also added to its top-notch delivery. All these enhanced my enjoyment of this invaluable book and overall reading experience.

My favorite aspect of this book was the impact it had on me. I felt as though it was purposefully written for me. To any reader, Dear Hunter will sound like one-on-one advice from a caring father, and except for the letters’ salutations that mention Hunter, all the other contents are all-encompassing. I learned a lot, but I could not absorb it all at once. Some of the tips require action, and therefore, they are part of a life process. When I finished reading this book, I was sure I'll add it to my arsenal of self-development materials, and I will be referring to it from time to time.

All in all, I didn't find anything negative to say about this book. I believe it was professionally edited since I didn't find any grammatical error. Therefore, I enthusiastically award Dear Hunter: Letters from Father to Son by Matthew DiGeronimo 4 out of 4 stars. This book is not only perfect in terms of its delivery but also the wise, timeless advice it contains.

I highly recommend this to anyone looking for an insightful, timeless self-development book. Depending on where one is in life, this book can be regarded as advice from a father, a son, a colleague, a friend, a brother, or even, a spouse. This, too, can be a great gift from parents to their children. Moreover, in general, fans of memoirs will also like this. On the other hand, I can't find anyone to caution against picking this book.

Dear Hunter,
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

What a great idea from a father to not only his son, but as you said to any reader. I’m glad he articulated his thoughts so well. Thanks for the great review!
Manish987
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Manish987 »

The most beautiful thing about this book is that it is a series of letters written by father to a son which implies that one can read the book without having any doubt whether it will be beneficial to him or not, as a loving father will always want that his son to live a full fledge and happy life and thus will impart required wisdom.The review is very well written and gives every knowledge about what we going to encounter in the book. I will definitely read it.
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The review is interesting and intriguing. I am eager to read the book.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

This is an engaging memoir. Matthew advises his son through letter and it shows that he cares and loves him. Thank you for a great review! It's sounds like a wonderful book to read if you ever want friendly advises.
NIBHA0231
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NIBHA0231 »

LETTER is just a words written on a piece of paper but a EMOTIONA , and is a great weapon used by a Father to his son hat he truly loves his and that emotion is filled in this book ...!!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”