Review by SarahJean7 -- Grace Revealed

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Nichols 7
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-nichols-7.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Review by SarahJean7 -- Grace Revealed

Post by Sarah Nichols 7 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Grace Revealed" by Frederick J. Sievert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When you pick up a book, you can expect the contents to illicit some sort of emotional response. A children’s book might bring up joy and a horror novel could make you fearful. As for Grace Revealed by Frederick J. Sievert, you experience a feeling of peace. Sievert’s book is placed under the genre of Christian literature and self-help. As you dive into the deep end of his work though, you find that there isn’t much “self-help” involved.

Grace Revealed follows multiple stories of different people who have overcome the worst life can throw their way. There are stories of drug addiction, sexual abuse, physical maladies and more. What do they all have in common? They found rescue in the grace of God. Every testimony is given by the one who experienced it. The author follows each story with his own thoughts. Sievert prefaces the book by informing the readers that some of the issues these people struggled with may require an individual to seek a medical doctor. Each part of his book tackles an issue that two or more people faced in their lives. In terms of flow, it is a very easy book to follow.

It is very clear that the author did a vast amount of research before he put pen to paper. He not only makes references to the Bible, but to Biblical theologians and medical scholars. His research is well rounded. Another highlight to the book was how he shared practical steps someone can take if they are walking through the same wilderness as the mentioned person. He speaks to the literal and spiritual areas of life. As someone who can’t fully grasp what the people featured in his book went through, I felt encouraged knowing how much they overcame. It reinforced my faith in Jesus.

It was hard to find any sort of criticism for this book. The book was very well written and exceptionally well edited. The only downside it may have is it could be a trigger for someone who has walked through a similar situation. Trauma isn’t easy to forget or overcome, so fair warning to anyone who has been abused or struggled with addiction. Other than that, I can’t say anything bad about this book. It was riddled with uplifting scripture and beautifully written stories.

This book would appeal to other Christians and anyone who is looking for help overcoming the difficulties of life. .
I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of all the reasons I stated earlier. The author seems to truly care about people and sharing stories that could help someone out of the darkest part of their life. His empathy comes through his writing and that is something rare to find in a book.

Grace Revealed
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

This sounds incredibly uplifting and transformative. The author appears to have captured some potent testimonials. I will have to look into this one. I appreciate your great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”