Official Review: The Nude Kitchen Hand by Robert Sipla

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Official Review: The Nude Kitchen Hand by Robert Sipla

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Nude Kitchen Hand" by Robert Sipla.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A rebellious, cocky, and contemptuous mainstream society bodybuilder heads for Munich Riem Airport. His name is Mirko. He is keen to face the new challenge of living away from home.

At twenty-six years of age, Mirko arrives in Los Angeles. His first aim is to find a job. Mirko travels to Wilshire Boulevard to meet Cecily Hammerstein, who interviews him for a position of a German tutor. During his tutorship program, Mirko resides in a hostel, where he meets Lisa, an Aussie girl. She was on vacation to America from Sydney, where she had specialized in cardiothoracic nursing. The two fall for each other, and they set off to Australia. Their decision to live in Tasmania came with ups and downs. Lisa secures a job easily while Miroslav Vesely (Mirko) delivers his resumes to a couple of facilities seeking employment. None of his efforts bears fruits until he meets Dave. His proposition is rather eerie. He cannot picture himself doing the odd appearance as a stripper. Bearing in mind that beggars lack the luxury of being choosers, he gives it a shot. It was only the beginning of his scintillating and tumultuous experience of about two decades in Australia.

What I loved most about The Nude Kitchen Hand by Robert Sipla was its ability to relay information comically. I was amused by how Mirko described how he was double-crossed by those he felt had earned his trust and how he resolved never to trust Tasmanians. I connected with the narrator’s feelings since this book was crafted from the first-person perspective. Mirko spoke out his mind without fear of the consequences of his actions. I, therefore, lauded his valiance to take on the available opportunities to make a living. He also knew when to take a break from work to elude burnout. I appreciate diversity, and the author’s incorporation of the American, German, and Australian cultures quite assuaged my desire to explore the world.

This memoir deployed a spectrum of vivid descriptions. I felt like I was witnessing first-hand stripping maneuvers and actions at the birthday parties graced by Mirko and his friends. My favorite scene revolves around the beach, where Mirko and his son, Jesse, went on an adventure along with Mishka, their pet.

I disliked nothing in this book. Based on the above reasons, I am obliged to give it a perfect rating. However, I deduct a point and rate it three out of four stars due to a couple of grammatical and typographical errors I stumbled upon while reading.

I recommend this book to those who love romance books and memoirs. As already stated, this book needs a professional editor.

The Nude Kitchen Hand
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

This story sounds comical and adventurous! I think I would enjoy reading this romantic memoir. Great review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like Mirko has some very humorous adventures. I’m glad you enjoyed it so much!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”